Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bluebottle

1. Bluebottle

Game News Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, a Lovecraftian turn-based RPG, now on Kickstarter

Erich Zaan didn't play a violin, he played a viol, which is more akin to a cello. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Seriously...looks good.
  2. Bluebottle

Colony Ship Update #5

'The Derelict' on its own sounds better.
  3. Bluebottle

People News Torment Kickstarter Update #30: George Ziets joins inXile full-time as Lead Area Designer

This is actually beginning to more and more appeal to me as a successor to MotB, than as a successor to PS:T. Of course PS:T is the bigger name, and pulls in more attention, and MotB was very much in the same vein anyway, but still, Ziets and Saunders is more of a pull than any amount of cashing...
  4. Bluebottle

What cRPG has the most ridiculously (unnecessarily) elaborate mechanics?

Bad implementations spring to mind, as do unnecessarily poorly documented ones, but needlessly elaborate ones...not so much.
  5. Bluebottle

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #72: Release date, stretch goals cancelled, plus a ton of art

I mean, right decision and all, but it does scare me that anyone at Obsidian would be even considering that what this project might need right now is expansion of a design doc already somewhat over inflated by the need to promote extra donations during the initial kickstarter.
  6. Bluebottle

Decline Kickstarter & Steam Early Access: A beginning of the true decline?

Allowing the purchase of games before their completion potentially allows development to go on for longer, which can have both disadvantages and advantages. Firstly, there's not a 100% chance that the title will sell enough to really justify completion in the minds of the developers. How...
  7. Bluebottle

Developer Story Time with Old Man Davis

I imagine there'll be less tell all, expose style anecdotes revealing the shocking truth of goings on behind the doors at Obsidian. On the other hand there'll be a whole cache of happenings which will form the basis of future posts in the inevitable Developer Story Time with Old Man Davis circa...
  8. Bluebottle

Hello everyone

Dore is fucking awesome. Personally I most enjoy his engravings of London. Once, when I was down there, I found a stall that sold prints of them. Could have spend thousands. If any artist of game maker wants inspiration for a city scape...this is what you need. Someone get on this, please.
  9. Bluebottle

New Space Hulk

There's still a fair amount of game breakers, especially if you're playing in online leagues. What makes it worse is that the core coding team apparently left Cyanide, and those left working on it are so unfamiliar with the code base that patching it is pretty much infeasible for them. This is...
  10. Bluebottle

New Space Hulk

So, sounds pretty much like Blood Bowl, then? Bad coding and rushed low budget job doesn't totally take away from something based on a solid, fun rule set. Or is it worse?
  11. Bluebottle

Game News New Witcher 3 "Killing Monsters" trailer (CD Projekt cannot into countdowns)

I can't believe you passed up 'Spuds for the Spud God!"
  12. Bluebottle

~

Was amazed at first playing it how much, on the surface, it is just a blatant Theme Park clone. Down to the default colours for almost everything, the way rides are built, the range of starting shops and rides etc. However, it expands so much on the core concept that it makes its predecessor...
  13. Bluebottle

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #57: Shadowrun Has Returned

Yeah, Bloodlines would have been the ideal model to follow, I think, given their budget and schedule constraints. Even if they could have only managed something on the scale of the first one or two hubs, it would have been better. That said, it's a capable title. Nothing mind-blowing, and if we...
  14. Bluebottle

Prosper Atari Corpse Looting: Stardock got Star Control, Wargaming got MoO and Total Annihilation

With the Planetary Annihilation KS thing I'd imagine a MOBA is probably most likely. Fits Wargaming's F2P model. Stupid really as it's not even as if the TA franchise holds that much weight. Fans are already used to each decent version of the game being a spiritual successor, what with the dual...
  15. Bluebottle

Game News Backspace: Obsidian's unproduced "Sci-Fi Skyrim"

Plenty of interesting ideas could come from the time travel angle, specifically within the realm of c&c. Always wanted to see an RPG that stretched across two times, with choices made in the earlier time having massive effects in the later period. Using the Skyrim engine in order to make a...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom