Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Borelli

1. Borelli

On Dishonored and the inherent inferiority of the stealth ImSim.

This is one thing that i liked about Thief 3 free roaming in the city, you could rob the tavern, it is not a mission, something you do on your own initiative and you have to plan for everything by yourself. A pseudo open world experience in a way.
  2. Borelli

On Dishonored and the inherent inferiority of the stealth ImSim.

True, but i never saw him as a warrior in a same way that Corvo is even though it is very easy to kill everything in Thief (i'm talking here about stealth bow and sword kills not sword bunny hopping). Making a Thief game that has the same action as Dishonored would be a step in the wrong...
  3. Borelli

Warhammer Mordheim Appreciation Thread

Only the Nurgle's Rot is broken, the rest (brutes and nurglings -1 to hit aura) is stronger than average but not broken IMO. Well, the rest of the spells are, but lots of spells in Mordheim are broken so it balances out.
  4. Borelli

Warhammer Mordheim Appreciation Thread

I played this for the first time about half a year ago. Despite the many many flaws the game has that something special about it. The hardcore roguelike live with your consequences part appeals to me. Never played WHFB but the small amount of models required for skirmish games means my wallet...
  5. Borelli

Development Info Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Dev Diary #9: What is a Brujah?

Reminder that Nines and Skelter don't dress like an obvious stereotype. Damsel does but well, she's Damsel.
  6. Borelli

What was your first video game? (Or the first ones per major generation)

I think it was pong on an Amiga 500, but i'm not 100% sure.
  7. Borelli

Games that impressed you with technology

Dungeon Siege 1 no loading times. Quite impressive for its time.
  8. Borelli

Games that impressed you with technology

Portal, the first time i saw the trailer for it i was like whoa. First person teleporting never felt so good.
  9. Borelli

What is the grimdark-est grimdark rpg?

I disagree, while Soul Reaver 1 post apo setting makes it grim, at the end of day you have a good reason to be vengeful and spend most of the game killing. In Blood Omen 1 you are anti hero at best and villain at worst, no one is trustworthy, good guys lose, and you make the world a shittier place.
  10. Borelli

What is the grimdark-est grimdark rpg?

Why Darklands?
  11. Borelli

Maybe we prefer older games because they're not even the "same medium" as modern games?

Invisible walls and chest high walls you cannot jump over are more bearable the shittier graphics gets.
  12. Borelli

Decline Games you are proud to not have played

World of Warcraft
  13. Borelli

Management / Sim Prison Architect 2 - coming May 7th

While 3d could be an improvement, i don't see what they could add mechanics wise. Didn't the first one receive the paradox treatment and got flooded in DLCs?
  14. Borelli

Letting the player choose difficulty settings is fundamentally bad game design

I don't disagree with the OP points, but i would like to add that difficulty settings can make for good replayability value. That is, if the game is good in the first place hah. Repeating the same game but on higher difficulties can be great fun but only if the higher difficulty adds something...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom