Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Brother None

1. Brother None

Review RPG Codex Review: Torment: The Explorer's Guide

That approach will likely add a lot of time to your gamedev cycle without adding a lot of quality. Someone is always going to find flaws in your game, what's important is being able to iterate when such feedback comes in. Fail early, fail often is key to gamedev. RPGs, especially great ones, are...
  2. Brother None

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Can you send your game logs to us at support@inxile.net? Navigate to <your Steam install path>\Steam\SteamApps\common\Torment Tides of Numenera\WIN\TidesOfNumenera_Data on your computer, and send us the output_log.txt file there (please make sure this is from immediately after the issue occurs...
  3. Brother None

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

As you can imagine, sweeping system changes mean balance is pretty much non-existent. We're fully aware the character progression balance (and economy balance) is non-functional, but that's one of those things we have the coming 6 months to hammer at. It's challenging because, well, balancing...
  4. Brother None

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #56: Beta Released to All Backers, Game Delayed to Q1 2017

We already announced it wouldn't be 2014 while the Kickstarter was still ongoing.
  5. Brother None

The opening has been re-worked pretty significantly, will be curious to see what the feedback is on it now. We added a health pool, but note the stat pools are still there as resources to use on Difficult Tasks etc. XP still works the same, though the amounts and flow have been changed and we...
  6. Brother None

That clip was recorded by sea on his computer, by simply running the game and loading a save. He added the logo and a fade in/out and that's all the editing it's gone through. In fact, the original recording is 1080p and 60 FPS, but Twitter doesn't like that, which is why this version is only...
  7. Brother None

Game News Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, a Lovecraftian turn-based RPG, now on Kickstarter

Mark my friend we disagree! The core of what makes a good crowdfunding video really hasn't changed much, two key factors being it has to grab people's attention fast and it has to feel very personal. I was helping these guys set up their Kickstarter in the last few weeks, loved the video from...
  8. Brother None

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Full-time there's not that many of us, I don't know everyone's origins but I think other than me and sea all the full-time people are US Americans (sea being Canadian). It does help that some of the Americans have more international orientations of course, like Gavin or Adam Heine. And we do...
  9. Brother None

It's more a matter of weeks than months, we're testing and polishing up the early game zones along with major changes and additions. We'll share more word on social media and elsewhere when we have more info & a solid ETA.
  10. Brother None

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Gavin is awesome and was one of the best additions to the team. He used to work in the Netherlands before moving back to US and joining inXile, coincidentally. I'd say quite a lot (I don't know the percentages) of the writing in the beta (and the game overall) is from Gavin, so I'm glad he's...
  11. Brother None

I mean, it went through some significant changes. One of my contributions on WL2 was helping re-design the opening Radio Tower area, which initially had a less different paths/skill choices. Not that it's like a big expansive area but I feel it hits a good cross-section of...
  12. Brother None

Monty my man, it's been too long! Also: THE WEAK SHALL BE CRUSHED BENEATH OUR IRON BOOTS.
  13. Brother None

't is, indeed. We've been doing some major updates and reworkings across the board internally, adding missing features like merchants, updating the UI from its initial first-pass state, overhauling several game mechanics, systems and content. There was no great spot to patch without breaking...
  14. Brother None

Preview Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Live on IGN

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, that's George's happy face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom