Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by buffalo bill

1. buffalo bill

Buildfag RPGs (aside from Diablo clones)

Caves of Qud TOME
  2. buffalo bill

Incline Okay let's be real here... Which games can never be RPGs?

gtfo I'm pretty sure you could beat Fallout with out stat investment if you were careful and lucky.
  3. buffalo bill

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

top rpgs infra arcana cataclysm dda adom neo scavenger nethack caves of qud doomrl jupiter hell omega darklands hidden gems infra arcana cataclysm dda adom neo scavenger nethack caves of qud doomrl jupiter hell omega darklands
  4. buffalo bill

Caves of Qud (ROGUELIKE)

does the mod include a templar-specific questline?
  5. buffalo bill

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

This was the last thing they said about it iirc. I am highly skeptical that any such "shareware" version of Copper Dreams will ever be released, but who knows I guess.
  6. buffalo bill

Why is Fallout New Vegas considered good?

I played fallout tactics a bunch many years ago, and it felt not so great as either a Fallout-style RPG or a tactical squad combat game, though tbh I can't exactly recall why I felt that way.
  7. buffalo bill

KickStarter Jupiter Hell - DoomRL successor

I assume it's an attempt at sort of replicating the knockback effect from Doomrl without adding a new mechanic
  8. buffalo bill

KickStarter Jupiter Hell - DoomRL successor

imo these are the important changes: CHANGE #1847 - visibility of Dante crates improved for less bumpin' CHANGE #1847 - Scouts now start with 3 weapon slots too CHANGE #1831 - all shotguns apply Slowdown (-50% move speed) for 1.5s CHANGE #1831 - most shotguns now have 0.75 swap time
  9. buffalo bill

Indie Four Horsemen of Incline - Underrail, Grimoire, Kenshi and KotC

Infra Arcana should def be on the incline list. It's perhaps the best horror RPG ever made, and def in my personal top 5 of all time. Also seconding Jupiter Hell as an incline game from that period (though DoomRL from the same dev is better).
  10. buffalo bill

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

I didn't notice the official poll, but what a surprise: it's yet another shit year for rpgs
  11. buffalo bill

The Codex of Roguelikes

should almost always run from ghouls if you can imo
  12. buffalo bill

The Codex of Roguelikes

this one works though edit: though the one I downloaded (tome-235-win.zip) seems buggy af on my computer. very cool character creation nonetheless
  13. buffalo bill

The Codex of Roguelikes

says it is 24 gb? kinda sus
  14. buffalo bill

The Codex of Roguelikes

unbelievably, doomrl just got an update, so..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom