Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Captain Rufus

1. Captain Rufus

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

The problem is? Its embarrassing as hell. Fucking completely embarrassing. It makes everyone here and in some degree crpgs in general look like a thing solely for tremendously childish assholes. And that's just the people who are posting to be edgy or ironic. I don't even want to think...
  2. Captain Rufus

Or I dunno maybe stuff like what I said are what lots of folks might think who probably just gave up on this place or took one look in the forums and ran screaming? Ps: its 2022. Nobody uses cuck any more. Seriously. If you want to be a dick come up with something new at least.
  3. Captain Rufus

One day someone ought to translate the PC Engine version but I doubt it will. Much like many superior crpg ports brought to Japan they got the best versions.
  4. Captain Rufus

All these slurs and edgelord bs is why I find it hard to even read this goddamn site much less recommend it when its one of the only crpg sites online with any actual content. The silly ass PC Master Race/Decline crap is childish but the Jrpg masses more or less say the same about crpgs...
  5. Captain Rufus

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

About time I do more than stare at the thing and then parts break before I get to my next upgrade or part.
  6. Captain Rufus

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

At this point its clear my votes don't friggin matter anyhow so I'm just gonna pop 5 each into my 2 favorite computer RPGs period: 5 for Curse of the Azure Bonds 5 for Ultima 5: Warriors of Destiny Honorables to Pool of Radiance, Star Control 2, and Ultima 1. Console Honorables to Phantasy...
  7. Captain Rufus

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359061996655607819/564894142488903692/20190408_152706.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359061996655607819/564894142488903692/20190408_152706.jpg
  8. Captain Rufus

Decline PC Gamer Presents: The Ultimate RPG Handbook

I wasn't thrilled with the bookazine but its not awful. Just.. not good. Kind of like Alien Covenant really. Not recommended but not weaponized ass either.
  9. Captain Rufus

You won't believe these games are not available on Steam/GOG

Can I just say the entire RPG back catalog of SSI, Origin Systems, and Electronic Arts? Among Others: Escape from Hell! Adventure Construction Set! Deathlord! Phantasie 1-3!!! Tangled Tales! Black Crypt! Shard of Spring! Wizard's Crown! Legacy of the Ancients! If some of these are legit...
  10. Captain Rufus

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Real Time non action game style combat? PASS. Oh well. I was excited then I saw it was Infinity Engine type combat. Then.. not interested.
  11. Captain Rufus

Poll: Which of the top 20 RPGs have you played?

I've played all but 6 of them, but I have only completed 3 of the ones I have played.
  12. Captain Rufus

A vote thread: Phase 2: Testing out a new way to generate an acceptable list of best RPGs

I will say one of the funniest podcasts was the old Retrogaming Radio episode where they (a pair of classic arcade and computer games guys) played Chrono Trigger live and commented on it. The butthurt was hilarious. I mean I really like the game but it was still funny as hell. Though their...
  13. Captain Rufus

A vote thread: Phase 2: Testing out a new way to generate an acceptable list of best RPGs

I've always hated people who care if a game is console or computer. If its good its good if its ass its ass. JRPG, CRPG, Turn Based, Real Time.. Long as its good its good. (Though what is considered good depends on the person.) The clowns who refuse to play computer games are just as much...
  14. Captain Rufus

Best RPG of all time?

Ultima 5, KOTOR 2, Fallout 2, Star Control 2, Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land
  15. Captain Rufus

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

I fucking loathe crowdfunding but.. I think I have to at least do the Ziploc mode and get the cluebook.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom