Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by CarbonCarousel

1. Assassin's Creed Infinity - Feudal Japan and 16th century Germany (for now)

Not hard to predict when every Ubisoft game opens with a disclaimer that gloats about their participation in the downfall of civilization.
  2. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

I've played Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 and 2, and I'm almost finished with Yakuza: LaD. These games are being created and/or ported to PC faster than I can play them. My favorite entry thus far is Yakuza 0. What should I play after Y: LaD? Judgment?
  3. From Software Lyric Suite's own Sekiro corner

Sekiro borrows very little from Souls games. Parrying lies at the heart of the battle system, and it's damn fun when you figure out that it should be played almost like a rhythm game.
  4. Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Good Japanese games usually have good sidequests. See: Yakuza series.
  5. Game News Starfield Released

I see pretty much globally unanimous consent that it's a mess of a game.
  6. Review JRPG Codex Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie

Hey, man. I ain't judging. Just thought your post was kind of cringe. To give more than a meme: JRPG is a useful label because they're very distinct from other RPGs in many, many aspects. Plus, the label probably arose due to American infatuation with Japanese culture, IDK.
  7. Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Released

Character creation: choice of non-binary when choosing gender. Choosing gender via the character creation menu doesn't immediately reflect on your character model, forcing player to select a separate "Body Type" button to switch from male to female character models. Don'tcha know? A birth...
  8. Game News Jagged Alliance 3 Released

30 minutes? Might be you need to get on some ADD meds. :|
  9. Like a Dragon: Ishin

Completely unrelated to their most recent and damn great turn-based Yakuza game, Sega will be releasing Like a Dragon: Ishin on 2/21. It's selling for $59.99, which is more than I like to pay for a game, but given Sega's success at crafting the unique and immersive Yakuza series, it will most...
  10. Game News Pentiment Released

PoTE is a damn good book.
  11. Community Celebrating 20 years of RPG News (NSFW)

I think this is a good idea. I feel like there's a lot of lore and degeneracy I'm missing out on.
  12. How are people addicted to MMORPGs?

MMO's allow people to escape reality and to meet other likeminded folks.
  13. SMT: Nocturne

As a first timer, should I play this or P5 first?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom