Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by cardtrick

1. For programmers: Which scripting language is better and why?

Sounds like they're probably using Unity for a game engine. That's the only reason I can think of for Javascript and C# to be the two options. (Unity uses Mono to run C# and Javascript as its primary scripting language. It also supports Boo, which is a Python-ish language for .NET/Mono.)...
  2. The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

It's a hard game to categorize. I would say it fits better in that pack than in any of the other indie packs. Plus, it has a creepier atmosphere than most horror games. I think it's fair. (Awesome game, by the way, for anyone who hasn't played it -- it's a steal for $5.)
  3. Why is Paradox derping its mod community?

I don't think so . . . if I'm remembering right, it was in that same announcement they said they were spinning up a new internal team for expansions, and that Rome was definitely a contender to get the next one after they finish Divine Wind.
  4. Why is Paradox derping its mod community?

Yeah . . . 'cause if there's one thing that sucks for modders, it's the developer continuing to support and add on to their game for years, bringing in new players and keeping the community active. Good point. Paradox has stumbled across the most successful possible way to discourage modding...
  5. Review Vince D. Weller Does Fallout: New Vegas

Great review of an awesome game. It's the first RPG I've actually finished in quite a while. Anyone on the fence should definitely give it a try -- and stick with it until you're out of the (boring) starting town. That's my only real criticism of the game -- it had a very weak beginning...
  6. Torque Engine out of business

In a weird way, this is actually a vindication of Naked Ninja's decision to use Torque and his justification for it. Any small software company can go belly up, or get bought by a larger company with different business goals. Given enough time, most of them go this way. It's unfortunate for...
  7. Europa Universalis 3 - Losing all battles

This doesn't sound like a bug. There are 2 things going on: 1) When you Westernize, your "neighbors" become the other Western nations. They are so far ahead of you in tech, and there are so many of them, that you're getting huge neighbor bonuses. 2) The cost for different techs is not...
  8. Europa Universalis 3 - Losing all battles

Rebellions are only a real problem when you're playing a low-tech nation (Africa, Americas, etc.) that doesn't have forts . . . then the rebels instantly capture provinces, and life is painful. Otherwise, they've never been more than an annoyance to me. I actually worry more about the tax...
  9. Europa Universalis 3 - Losing all battles

When you lose immediately like that, is your army annihilated or does it retreat? That will tell us whether or not it's a morale issue. Are you sure it's not that you have military (land) maintenance turned all the way down? That would lower morale to virtually nothing. Is it possible...
  10. Let's Play EU3: The (Re)Rise of the Roman Empire

Meh, world domination gets a bit boring, I think. Try for the Pentarchy (control Rome, Judea/Jerusalem, Adana/Antioch, and Thrace/Constantinople, while at peace, to get the mission). After that, leave Europe pretty much alone and don't colonize at all, so that hopefully you still have some...
  11. Let's Play EU3: The (Re)Rise of the Roman Empire

The nation-specific missions have extremely high chances to happen, so if you meet the requirements it's essentially certain that you will get them. However, the requirements can be weird. In particular, they almost all require you to be at peace when you get your next mission -- otherwise...
  12. Let's Play EU3: The (Re)Rise of the Roman Empire

Actually, there's a mission to conquer Rome once you own South Italy, which is particularly awesome since Byzantium is an Orthodox nation. Unlike Catholic nations, you won't be consistently spammed with events to re-form the Papal State, and an Orthodox nation controlling Rome gets +1...
  13. Let's Play EU3: The (Re)Rise of the Roman Empire

In-game, no -- they're supposed to be something of a surprise. They're easily visible in the game files, though. Go to your EU3 folder and you'll see a subfolder called "missions". This will have separate text files for each country with unique missions, along with several files for categories...
  14. Let's Play EU3: The (Re)Rise of the Roman Empire

Not sure about best, but probably the most unique of them is Crusader Kings. It's family/dynasty-oriented, rather than nation-oriented. If you get it, be sure to also get the Deus Vult expansion, the latest beta patch, and the Deus Vult Improvement Pack.
  15. Let's Play EU3: The (Re)Rise of the Roman Empire

Keep it up, man, this is a great Let's Play. Inspired me to get the game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom