Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Castozor

1. Castozor

Colony Ship update #41: begun the closed beta has

Great to hear things are shaping up to your expectations. i enjoyed DR and AoD a lot so if you need more testers let me know. I probably wont be as useful lads like Eyestabber and Goral on account of not being that good, but I´d love to see what you have in store for us with Colony Ship.
  2. Castozor

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 1

Interesting read so far, thanks for the (belated) heads up Kalin.
  3. Castozor

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

I hardly ever "finish" a play-trough as in finish the main quest. Rather I make a character and play trough whatever faction(s) I want to climb trough, enjoying myself along the way.
  4. Castozor

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

That's what I was afraid of, not really a deal breaker for me but you'd think if they make it a toggle they would at least provide basic pointers. As for non-repeatable encounters, it can work and I'm not really opposed to it as long as there are plenty of fights.
  5. Castozor

I never played the older Bards Tale's, I just like dungeon crawlers. My hope is that this will both be a good game and a success so we can get more Western made crawlers in the future. Nothing wrong with the Japanese ones mind, but they are not as readily available over here.
  6. Castozor

Only if they designed the journal/quest text with that in mind. But seeing as most of you with beta access seem to be (cautiously?) optimistic I actually feel really good about this game right now. Comparisons to MMX, which I liked, probably means I will like this one too.
  7. Castozor

Decline The great evil of save-scumming

I think limited saving or checkpoints make for more interesting gameplay experiences but a game should always have a save and quit button so I don't waste progress if I have to leave at an inconvenient time.
  8. Castozor

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

I didn't want to use Elex potions initially but after level 10 or so requirements for everything become quite high and level ups just don't give enough points fast enough. Rather than waste more time Fed-exing I just started using them to get to the right thresholds.
  9. Castozor

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

I wish level ups did more and Elex potions weren't as necessary. Alternatively perhaps having some extra weapon tier in-between regular and +1 would have been nice.
  10. Castozor

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

In my limited experience it only gets bearable around lvl 15 or so. Depending on your build you can finally wield +1 weapons with some upgrade (faction dependant upgrades I think). After that you can finally fight more than beginner enemies without them soaking a dozen hits. Furthermore around...
  11. Castozor

Incline Say one GOOD thing about a SHIT game

I think you only save the town, albeit from a medieval battle mech and crazy wizards who could destroy a medium sized country.
  12. Castozor

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

If I remember correctly from a VD post I once saw, it can impact the Ending you get and I think going into the negative also triggers certain reactions but I'm not too sure. Could be that those events were triggered by certain quests rather than standing.
  13. Castozor

Avernum: Escape from the Pit - Recolored Mod (Released)

Just recently picked up this game, and your mod today. I really like it, seems to fit the atmosphere better than the original colours/flora.
  14. Castozor

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

I told you to make a combat character didn't I, you make the same mistake as last time and ask: why am I still not enjoying this? To be fair I can empathize with some of your complaints since I alSo encountered them during my play-trough with a talky character, the mine example being very...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom