Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Cenobyte

1. Cenobyte

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Finally finished this game at 341h :roll::lol: The endgame was actually rather difficult due to suboptimal character builts and no respecs (played on core difficulty throughout the game). Most difficult fight was most likely that electric balor since I already spent all my useful spells in...
  2. Cenobyte

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Since I'm now basically finished with Wrath of the Righteous I thought it a good time to continue with Kingmaker next. Just for clarification: The scenario description says that your choices in Varnhold's Lot can influence the main campaign, so I take it that it's best to start with that module?
  3. Cenobyte

Community NEW OFFICIAL RPG CODEX GOTY 2015 POLL CREATED - All citizens vote

Wow, scrolling over this list made me realize how few games I've played last year... need to see if I can change that a bit during the course of this year.
  4. Cenobyte

Game News Larian to Kickstart Divinity: Original Sin 2 on August 26th

Those two games have almost nothing in common, so why do you want to compare them? Just because both of them are turn-based?
  5. Cenobyte

[deleted]

All the InXile games (except for Bard's Tale IV so far, but I plan to pledge for that as well) and Divinity :salute: I wasn't that interested in Pillars of Eternity, so I didn't back that project in the first place (I also haven't touched it since release). Due to my workload I currently don't...
  6. Cenobyte

Wasteland The writing/story/choices seems...awful so far - SPOILERS

I completed the game a few days ago. While I agree that the writing certainly isn't stellar, it does the job and - usually - fits to the tone and overall atmosphere of the game. Outstanding writing and a really intricate story wouldn't fit to this more or less juvenile postapocalyptic fantasy...
  7. Cenobyte

Game News Divinity: Original Sin has sold 160,000 copies, already approaching profitability

Drakensang is based on the Dark Eye ruleset and setting. It's a fully-developed PnP campaign setting, similar to the Forgotten Realms. It's also rather light-hearted and in many ways influenced by traditional continental European fairytales, so it fits rather well to Larian's usual game-design...
  8. Cenobyte

Nobunigga's Ambition

If you are trying to learn Japanese in earnest, it's important to not forget that most kanji actually appear in compounds. Therefore I'm personally not so sure if learning individual kanji is a good way of getting a grip of the language and vocabulary. Take for example the luggage you mentioned...
  9. Cenobyte

Favorite Army/faction/etc?

Depends on the game. In the EU games I prefer trading nations like the Dutch or Italians. In classical RTS games I have no real preference, I play all sides without much discrimination. In wargames I usually end up playing the side that historically lost and try to perform better than the...
  10. Cenobyte

Wizardry Wizardry Generation Xth Code Hazard etc.

I think you can get an infinite amount of Omega maps and Babel keys from Masa. What you get from her is of course extremely random, but if you abuse save/load a lot you should be able to get all the stuff you need. Eventually. She's also a good source for Genome material and other high-level...
  11. Cenobyte

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #58: Beta Released!

Yes, that's how it works. There's no party XP, it is tracked individually per character. On a side note, I'm having a blast playing the beta. The game is really shaping up nicely. My only real concern is that the inventory becomes way too cluttered after a while, even with the available options...
  12. Cenobyte

Interview Matt Chat 234: Brenda Romero on Jagged Alliance and Wizardry

Weird interview indeed. It seems that the wounds about the last years of Sir-Tech are still very much open, maybe even due to different reasons for the involved persons.... I wonder what Linda and Ian Currie have to say about the whole matter, since the famous reference to Cleve appears in one...
  13. Cenobyte

Let's Play: Rance 4.1 & 4.2 (NSFW)

The early Rance games are so ridiculous. Okay, the newer ones as well, but those 90s anime graphics fit perfectly to the nonsensical nature of the games.
  14. Cenobyte

Drakensang: The Dark Eye MODs

I can't remember any particular problems beating this game with my Human fighter. The lack of collision checks in combat was really annoying and made tactical combat basically impossible, but otherwise I found the game (I'm speaking about the first Drakensang, but the same also applies for the...
  15. Cenobyte

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

well, until the end of the year still means plenty of opportunities for the closing of the studio...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom