Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Chateaubryan

1. Chateaubryan

Game News Legends of Amberland Released

Well this one got me interested.
  2. Chateaubryan

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Either way, I can't see this tweet bringing good things to anyone. I can't picture Microsoft as anyone's saviour, nor I can envision a better future for Obsidian's devs because of it. Now some things have to be made public to insure the state of the industry improves (ie crunch, work...
  3. Chateaubryan

"What can change the nature of a man?" Too many years at Obsidian, apparently.
  4. Chateaubryan

Congratulations, Chris!
  5. Chateaubryan

Save the world? Right after I empty your trashcan.

The only satisfying crafting method I can think of is M&M6 potion crafting. 3 basics elements (+bottle), you experiment with them, try several combinations until you get it right. After a while, most potions cease to be useful but that's another problem. The crafting method in itself still...
  6. Chateaubryan

Is he... trolling himself? :'D
  7. Chateaubryan

Incline How did you first discover RPGs?

It wasn't love at first sight, now that's for sure. Back then, I was an Amiga player (it means buggy as hell-guru-meditation galore). The two games that had some RPGs elements were Cadaver and Moonstone. I spent a lot of time on these two, though it wasn't that much for their RPGs elements...
  8. Chateaubryan

Paradigm (released)

Finished it. The game is not challenging but I'd say it's not the point. It has been a long time a game made me laugh that way. My advice is : don't give a shit about Pewdiepie's opinion and make your own. Play the demo, look at the trailer. If you crave for more, the game will deliver it -...
  9. Chateaubryan

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

You're trying to make me say something I didn't. Did you read my post at all? I never told that you should absolutely look for truth in work of fiction (quite the contrary), what I 've said is that good work of fiction can be intellectually stimulating, regardless of the assorted political...
  10. Chateaubryan

Also As soon as you're writing a story that includes any kind of society, any kind of balance of power between individuals in a greater context, or any kind of community dynamics, you're producing a political representation. Whether you like it or not. It's just as Stakhanov said : you can't...
  11. Chateaubryan

Sorry, I've shortened the quotes in order to avoid a big clusterfuck of text. And yeah, I didn't take proper time to read the initial panel statement. I guess that being leftie and shit, I wasn't triggered by its buzzwords like an honest codexer would. You're stretching it a little by...
  12. Chateaubryan

I tend to think that every work of fiction has political roots. In that case *not* admitting that fact and *not* admitting that you're pushing on your own political views when you're writing a story - whether you do it subconsciously or not - is hypocritical. Once that is known, it's up to the...
  13. Chateaubryan

Whether we're speaking about games, movies, books, etc. everything carrying world-representations (and naturally, bias) is basically political. Everything rewarding the player for conducting one type of action over another is political. Basically, even Sawyer's system of not penalizing the...
  14. Chateaubryan

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

The trailer for Paradigm is up <3.
  15. Chateaubryan

What makes for good combat?

I'd say it's a combat system that ask of you to switch strategies regularly - while giving you many opportunities to improvise and show creativity during and in between combats. My first playthrough of Shin Megami Tensei III did that for me, for example. It asked you to experiment new tactics...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom