Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Chuck Norris

1. Chuck Norris

Buildfag RPGs (aside from Diablo clones)

Any MMORPG worth its salt. And Dark Souls and the whole Soulsborne genre. Just look at these build guides for DS1.
  2. Chuck Norris

Games with an open mission structure

Far Cry 2 is a weak example. For example, the game gives you an objective to take over a base, but it's up to you to either take out people with Sniper from afar, blow them up with explosives, get close and personal with Shotguns or whatever else.
  3. Chuck Norris

Judas - narrative FPS set on a disintegrating starship from Ken Levine's Ghost Story Games

You can hate on Ken Levine and criticize the clusterfuck that is Bioshcok Infinite's plot all you want, but Columbia is one of the most imaginative fictional landscapes not just in games, but in any medium.
  4. Chuck Norris

Rumor: ELEX 3 cancelled, Piranha Bytes to be shut down by THQ Nordic

Elex 1 might be, but Elex as a franchise isn't.
  5. Chuck Norris

It has been said by fans that he was jealous of Mike Hoge or didn't want to be under his shadow, because he saw Gothic as something that belonged to him. So he wanted to distance himself from Gothic by forcing PB to focus on Elex, because Elex truly belonged to him, even though that wasn't what...
  6. Chuck Norris

Decline Face of Decline - Reddit's Top 25 Games of the 21st Century

I know Reddit is shit and all, but as far as these kinds of lists go, this is a decent one.
  7. Chuck Norris

This rumor ruined my mood. PB on decline is still better than most.
  8. Chuck Norris

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

On top of that, people say the game is 30 mins long. If that's the case, it should have been released for free. It's a shame that even anti-globalists try to rip you off.
  9. Chuck Norris

Game subgenres that hasn't been named yet (but they deserved to)

Yahtzee Croshaw has done three of those: Jimminy Cockthroat = Used to describe bland, open-world, crafting survival games that only includes the aforementioned mechanics and features as a mean to drag out the player's playtime, thus making the game boring and chore-like (Assassin’s Creed...
  10. Chuck Norris

Video game company layoffs are creating an industry crisis, women disproportionately affected

The problem with this is that game companies present gigs as a job and a career. And the reason they do this is because game industry doesn't have a center in the way movie industry does (Hollywood). So game developers are spread all over the place and they wouldn't be inclined to move around...
  11. Chuck Norris

Letting the player choose difficulty settings is fundamentally bad game design

Yes, this is exactly my point. Games - at least for the first playthrough - are almost always balanced around one difficulty, which is usually either normal or hard. Any difficulty other than that results in a shit experience. It either becomes tediously easy or frustratingly hard. Making a...
  12. Chuck Norris

I think the disagreement here boils down to a philosophical question: Should we give people the freedom to ruin their own life, as long as it doesn't hurt others? A liberal would say yes, because that's what freedom means. We all have a mind of our own and can determine what's good for us and...
  13. Chuck Norris

For relaxation. I switch between hard games and easy games depending on mood. And I appreciate the fact that they are meant to be like that. For example, when I was a bit burnt out, I played Spyro. The game is very easy (even 100% ing it is relatively easy) and I liked the fact the game...
  14. Chuck Norris

I am not against people making the games easier for themselves, but my point is this should be done by the tools that the games provides. Not some arbitrary option you choose at the beginning of the game. You know Kojima was on soy when he tweeted that. This is what hanging out with Hollywood...
  15. Chuck Norris

On the first playthrough, if a game asks me what difficulty setting I want to choose, it's automatically a negative for me. For a couple of reasons: 1. Difficulty settings make the game predictable Most difficulty settings boil down to easy, medium and hard. If you choose whichever one, you...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom