Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by circ

1. circ

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

MoreHUD, Better Message Box Controls, Better something else I forget - same author. Off the top of my head.
  2. circ

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

I'd say buyer beware. Back when I was still paying attention some of the mods were still just straight copies from the old one, using the old form. Recently TK converted his TK dodge mod - but like his or her other mods, it's not a proper port, but that doesn't stop most users from praising it...
  3. circ

Pining for a BG3? Blackguards review and nitpicks

I disagree. BG1 is more repetitive than a lot of other rpgs. And let's list some reasons. Too few weapons that work. I did a dagger/rapier guy once. Big mistake. For example, I was killing some mob, the other two warriors were already on their third. Sure dagger has init bonus? Rapier parry...
  4. circ

Decline What killed off oldschool RPGs?

Depends on the genre. And platform too for that matter. C64 and later Amiga and similar had no issues with speed, and Commander Keen had new graphical routines that put PC's at the same level as a SNES platformer or sidescroller. By the time PS1 and Xbox came out, PC had surpassed them.
  5. circ

Decline What killed off oldschool RPGs?

IMO some of the following in varying amounts: EA/Activision/Microsoft Consoles id Software Computers were kinda niche until PS and Xbox, but every genre was represented in some capacity. With later consoles you suddenly had hardware that could compete with PC hardware, that spelled the end of...
  6. circ

Pining for a BG3? Blackguards review and nitpicks

BG2 is crap, BG1 gets too repetitive. Play Drakensang instead.
  7. circ

Top modern jrpgs?

Anachronox?
  8. circ

POLL: Games that you wish would get a Sequel or Remake

Centauri Alliance Roadwar 2000 Magic Candle Jagged Alliance Pirates! - not the Disney remake that was the latest version
  9. circ

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Yeah that's nice. Except she's essentially talking about casual hand-holding, because they got a booboo. What's the point of playing a game of this genre if there isn't fubar risk involved? Nothing about the development of this has so far been anything but downgrades and ineptitude.
  10. circ

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

sheeep. Read that tweet. Then read it again. She doesn't want to destroy mechs because it might turn casual players off. Let me type out an analogy. You're playing Super Mario Bros, you bump into a goomba. You think you've died but alas, you don't die in this game silly boi. Just keep...
  11. circ

Decline 250 shitty RPGs over 15 shitty years: 1996-2010

So many non-rpgs I'm having an aunerysm. Why does this list not start from 1980 atleast? What is this casual crap?
  12. circ

Bethesda General Discussion Thread

As far as I understand it, BGS which Todd heads, has nothing to do with with TESO other than maybe offering consulting services. Todd has no control over what other parts of Bethesda do. Also if I recall, Zenimax did buy some other studio last year or thereabouts.
  13. circ

Screenshot thread

The inevitable Brian Fargo cameo.
  14. circ

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Yeah saw that the other day, not really a huge annoyance in the first place. Anything to fix the shit story? Mesh bugs would be noise too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom