Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Colour Spray

1. Colour Spray

Resident Evil 2 Remake

I'm way more interested than I was for 7. I love how they're really stretching for that Romero, Day of the Dead, vibe, in the look of the zombies and the gore. They need to rethink the lack of adventure game style annotations, though. I watched a gameplay video and Leon never remarks about any...
  2. Colour Spray

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

She moves to the palace rooftop, if you talk to the prince in the throne room he redirects you up there.
  3. Colour Spray

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I'm not scaling everything, only the critical path, so it might have something to do with that. Seems pretty hard not to find some pretty powerful synergies, though. I have pallegina as a paladin/chanter, so her flames of devotion gives nearby party members +20% burn damage with their weapon...
  4. Colour Spray

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yeah, that's not a bad counter-argument, either. From what I saw on the stream, the hardest difficulty is punishing enough for unoptimized characters that rng is likely to be an insignificant factor. It seems like Josh got wind of that one beta paladin/rogue build that was hitting the engwithan...
  5. Colour Spray

Still skeptical about liberal use of multipliers in rpg games. You end up reinforcing random luck strings, when you roll at the top of your range several times in a row you get extreme outliers in damage output, versus when you roll at the bottom of your range and the bonuses then becomes...
  6. Colour Spray

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

I think people tend to underestimate fighter potions because 10 turns doesn't sound like a lot, but in practice you've either chopped everything up by that point or your cleric failed a death save or something. For instance, you see a lot of people complain that jaheira isn't very good because...
  7. Colour Spray

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

There was at least two other really good players using Menat in this tournament, Go1 and Sako, and they both went out far earlier. Infiltration has been putting in a lot of time to make Menat as difficult to deal with as possible, and it shows. Although, sfv in general makes heavy pokes...
  8. Colour Spray

Justfog is completely unflappable; really solid defence. Ryu kinda reminds me of Chun-Li from 4 in this. Your blocks have to be perfect because having to use an EX to get the other guy off you cuts you off from super, which is the one of the only ways both of those characters get big damage in...
  9. Colour Spray

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

I don't think it mattered as much when it released, so they probably didn't. It's like how Wintergrasp would be decided by how willing your faction was to queue for it, in many cases. Less pre-mades in general, in battlegrounds, also. The alliance choke-point is a little exaggerated, too, in my...
  10. Colour Spray

I think Menat will be strong because her v-trigger 2 seems to be like Rose's Ultra-2 in that it shuts down so many of your opponent's options, gives her more front and back mix-ups and threatens free damage. Her zoning seems stronger than Rose, too, who was already pretty beastly in that regard...
  11. Colour Spray

He forgot to mention Infiltration using Juri to counter Rashid, who I imagine is a bit of a nightmare for Menat, FGC immediately starts to wonder if Juri is top-tier now. I wasted my money on that pass too. Even if the latest blonde waifu doesn't pan out, you can always rely on Sagat for yer...
  12. Colour Spray

I think the first Baldur's Gate is more of an acquired taste, in that sense, because I wasn't immediately drawn to it the first time I played it, either. The second time you play asks much less that you go out on a limb on the off-chance that you might find something interesting; and the...
  13. Colour Spray

Maybe they call him the wise Alaundo because he never questions whether the Lord of Murder uses the correct length of a score, or not. :shittydog:
  14. Colour Spray

Do their fists count as magical weapons? I can't remember how I dealt with them, exactly, last time I played; but Zone of Sweet Air is useful if you want to stand in front of one. Prot. Magical Weapons maybe blanks their attacks for a while. You could also prop Jaheira up with iron skins and...
  15. Colour Spray

I disagree. But, either way, I was mistook the reason for the change. So it doesn't really bear arguing over. I think they just have to be careful that adding a global decrease to evasion doesn't create a smaller window for casters to do anything meaningful. I figure they wouldn't overlook...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom