Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Copper

1. Copper

Interview Josh Sawyer interviewed at Ragequit.gr and Darkstation

The 'history, man' answer - damn. Look, it's fundamentally true. Know your sources, go directly to them, and the writers who can put them into some sort of context, while being aware of those writer's biases. I've read most of Henry Mayhew's London Poor books as reference material, for...
  2. Copper

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Shouldn't that breakdown be a tooltip you see when equipping stuff though - with the stuff that adds to you stat in green and the stuff that takes away in red? This is basic stuff.
  3. Copper

Game News Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 coming late January

Too lazy to photoshop, so here's a more accurate picture of refugee life in Eora, and the hazards involved.
  4. Copper

Drawing from the classics. The deaths annoyed me because I never get the hard-on game developers have for forcing you to solo part of a game that's designed around a party - sure, you can solo, but it's not explicitly intended. If someone wants to solo, let them dismiss the companions straight...
  5. Copper

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

A bunch of tourists about to be obliterated as two three gas giants merge into a new sun - at least their gut bacteria might produce sentient life in a couple of billion years.
  6. Copper

The 'all we are is dust in the wind' theme that runs through Pillars always seemed very badly handled to me, and ran head-long into the 'new age of exploration' idea, completely derailing it. Instead of themes similar to, say, the Mission or westerns, where a particular way of life is about to...
  7. Copper

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

I think having a 'beat the game' end-goal is good. You can do a Paradox and just have player head-canon goals (kill the English/colonise the world/survive as a shitty HHR state) within X time, but something more dramatic would be good. Maybe they could be more intimate, though - choose a...
  8. Copper

1eyedking Long-winded dialogues suck

Sounds more like a critical elite trying to justify its existence. Although I do agree, with a caveat of too much. If you read too much David Eddings or Terry Goodkind, your senses can be dulled enough to say 'I know what I like, stop being such a snob.'
  9. Copper

1eyedking Long-winded dialogues suck

Surprised nobody's touched on theme yet. That's the critical issue with a lot of 'info-dump' dialogue - it does nothing to advance the game's narrative themes, or does it poorly.
  10. Copper

But you can spam low-level spells!
  11. Copper

What's beautiful is when their footsteps sync together - it was so annoying I stopped playing with sound.
  12. Copper

Nice dodge there on the "If you live 3-4 times longer than your neighbours, why can't you into long-term planning?"
  13. Copper

Cool - I know how frustrating it can be presenting mockups and having clients/random walk-ins obsess over stuff that's just supposed to demo stuff. Guess I was triggered by the CiV similarity. Generally, I think the world-map stuff you've shown is looking really good, so kudos to your artist(s)...
  14. Copper

I know it's placeholder - but it does start to look messy when there's too many attached locations, as in the second screenshot - it gives me that CiV vibe if you go for trading posts. Hope you're considering a heirarchy of attachment, where in more abstract terms, manors are attached to towns...
  15. Copper

Age of Decadence Reviews

Tom Chick is washed-out mainstream

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom