Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by corvax

1. corvax

Morrowind is utter tripe

For what is worth, and to completely insert myself in this thread in an unrelated tangential comment, they say that your favorite Elder Scrolls game is the first one you play. Folks that played Daggerfall first claim that it’s better than Morrowind. Folks that played Morrowind first claim that...
  2. corvax

RPGs where you are not the saviour of the world/kingdom/town

Arcanum. And my bad for spoiling the ending.
  3. corvax

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal, Previews and Interviews

This looks like DOS minus the ridiculous WoW style armor. Personally, I wish they in a different direction stylistically like what Blizzard is doing with Diablo 4. Also, I may be in the minority here but I never found Larian's writing to be engaging and their sense of humor is just not my cup of...
  4. corvax

Game News Queen's Wish: The Conqueror gets trailer and Steam page, coming Fall 2019

That's pretty much spot on. Although it seems like the actual Kickstarter pitch promised changes as opposed to take away something his fans liked. I'm sure others didn't expect the changes to be such a step back. This thing looks like a mobile game. I'll play the damn game because the story is...
  5. corvax

Game News Queen's Wish: The Conqueror gets trailer and Steam page, coming Fall 2019

That is one awful trailer. Mom? Seriously? I've been playing Spiderweb games since Geneforge series and even those games look better. I'm one of the Kickstarter backers so I reserve a full right to bitch and moan. It seriously looks like a step-back. When Vogel said he was working on a new...
  6. corvax

Interview Brian Fargo interviewed about Microsoft acquisition at Eurogamer

I smell some intellectual dishonesty here . You can still make solid games for $5m. Fargo & Feargus - you're just being greedy. You were never satisfied being a smaller studio making kickstarter games. It kept you afloat. You made some decent games. For that, thanks. But it's over now. You want...
  7. corvax

Is there any game that you guys DON'T hate?

Man, revisiting those old threads is a blast. I remember getting a new asshole ripped for praising Morrowind. Back then, all I heard was "Oh, it's dumbed down...Daggerfall was so much better." Looking at the forums now, it's funny to see people say "Oh Morrowind is the shit, everything else...
  8. corvax

Interview Paradox admit Tyranny sold below expectations, DLC still in the works

Since I am positive that Obsidian and Paradox are reading this thread and simply cannot wait for my opinion I will reluctantly let them. My first though when Tyranny was announced was: Why? Like most, I awaited Pillars II. Another RPG in a totally different setting using the same engine...
  9. corvax

Preview Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Opening Cutscene and Gameplay Snippets at GameSpot

I'm a little disappointed with the character models. They look worse than in the original games. I can't put my finger on it but something is off. Inever played any of the enhanced games and pre-ordered the collector's edition mainly for Siege but I see it will take a while to get used to it.
  10. corvax

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Frustrating vs challenging is debatable. Over time I changed my mind a little about Wiz8. I was very critical of it at first and found the combat to be a total drag. The atmosphere and the combat system is great but the level scaling and the sheer amount of enemies took away the fun for me. I...
  11. corvax

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale Series

This isn't really related but does anyone want Bard's Tale (the new one) on GOG? I got an extra gift code? Or Wasteland 1?
  12. corvax

Review AdventureDex Retrospective: Sanitarium

Pure nostalgia trumps any flaws this game may have. The pumpkin patch will always be with me...and the kids playing hide and seek. Ahh, wouldn't it be nice to relieve some of those games for the first time
  13. corvax

Thieves Guilds: Morrowind did it right

I wish games would make joining the Thieves guild a bit harder. Morrowind was pretty straightforward in that regards. Also, as much as I agree with the original poster, especially when comparing it to Skyrim, thieving in Morrowind became pointless after a 5 minutes. Money was never an issue...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom