Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by cosmicray

1. cosmicray

What game are you wasting time on?

Football Manager 2020 - because Euro 2020 happened so I couldn't resist. Subnautica - I hate survival games, but this one is different. More about exploration. VtM: Bloodlines - because of all other games, I'm a bit slow in playing. Combat, just as I relembered, is meh. Disco Elysium - Oh, why...
  2. cosmicray

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Everyone and everything has a label on Codex. Globohomo, commie, jew, pole, vatnik, fascist pig etc. Obviously, every argument could be won once you determine label you can hang on opponent.
  3. cosmicray

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Since it's on sale now maybe I'll try it. What version/settings should I choose? There are different VO options in Final Cut. I've heard Classic isn't really original, right?
  4. cosmicray

VtM:Bloodlines. Haven't played since 2005, I think. The world feels fantastic. No map, nor gps/arrow bullshit, because yYou learn where to go. Although, obviously the hub design doesn't have lots of routes to get lost.
  5. cosmicray

Steam Deck ~ PC Switch

Valve to change gears?
  6. cosmicray

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

I didn't even know there was a baseball game, let alone some kind of a killer app exclusive.
  7. cosmicray

Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?

Final Fantasy VII Remake Well, I borrowed PS4 just to play it, but I haven't thought it would be this big. 40+ hours and I'm not done yet with the story. I think its alright. Although, I'm getting tired of this "stagger" battle gameplay(from FF13, I think). Also, no proper classic mode - decline.
  8. cosmicray

Final Fantasy VII Remake. It's okay, I guess. Obviously the first disk was also on the rails, but here it feels way too much. Also... slow walking must die.
  9. cosmicray

I found FFXIII-2 kilometers better. I actually fondly remember it. It has decent theme with time hoping, interesting villain, more freedom and better combat. It is also more light-hearted and isn't pretentious. Although, it obviously had less budget and it shows.
  10. cosmicray

GOG.com

Whispers of a Machine and Kathy Rain are pretty solid. The latter is better, but Whispers have some rudimentary choice system. Not sure if they matter much.
  11. cosmicray

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Because they don't own them and contract with the publisher became void. Or publisher simply doesn't want to support/sell those games anymore.
  12. cosmicray

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. But for now I'm playing Whispers Of A Machine. Also DXMD had a season pass sale, so I grabbed it to play two story DLCs.
  13. cosmicray

Football Manager 2020 - I'm playing ungodly amounts of it just by clicking the fucking "next" button. It's fun, though. Dragon's Dogma - Tried playing it. Took dozen mmorpg-style quests "kill monsters", "gather flowers". Not sure if I'd like to continue. Doesn't grab me, but combat is supposedly...
  14. cosmicray

GOG.com

Holy shit! Sadly, I gave up hoarding installers just like GOG abandoned Linux. I was, simply put, lazy to make some system so I pledged allegiance to Steam overloads. But your example might make me rethink this. Although, Proton is an awesome way to play non-Linux games.
  15. cosmicray

GOG.com

No, DRM is bad of course. But once you have so many games, there is not real difference between GOG and Steam if you not hoard your installations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom