Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by CrustyBot

1. CrustyBot

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

I don't really care the ass shots are gone, those cheeks are Miranda's most redeeming quality but it was to be expected. The twitter types that are gloating about how gamers are mad would be the first ones to dogpile BioWare if stuff like that was left in the remasters and ruin their chance of...
  2. CrustyBot

Should minimaps and compasses be gone from RPGs?

I don't mind minimaps or compasses and I think it depends on the game. The general problem of minimaps is that they're used as a google map. Minimaps, compasses and especially GPS objective markers all form this feeling of mindless exploration, where you just follow the marker rather than...
  3. CrustyBot

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

The inner monologue you have with your different skills interacting with each other was a treat. I really enjoyed how most of the time you as the player acted as the funnel to move forward dialog, like you were putting aside condensed wayward thoughts that occur within the moment to focus on the...
  4. CrustyBot

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Origins is ten years old today

This Is The New Shit, I remember that. Does Codex have a boomer emote? I suddenly feel older knowing that DA:O is 10 years old. The amount of reactivity in the game was pretty impressive, probably BioWare's best work in that regard. It was great because there was a combination of in-quest short...
  5. CrustyBot

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

I kind of agree, I don't subscribe to the idea that making the game smaller in scope actually helped it develop better realised or deeper gameplay/quest paths. Personally, I feel like tightening the scope allowed Obsidian to polish the game better and enable it to have stronger production values.
  6. CrustyBot

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Based on my playthrough, it's a well polished experience that provides just enough character through it's setting to stand out from other AA/AAA Action RPGs of recent years. Most if not all major quest lines have multiple resolutions based on character skills and player moral choices, though I...
  7. CrustyBot

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Definitely. While we shouldn't get so swept up in believing everything MCA says as gospel simply because Chris' own perspective might not illuminate the entire truth of what goes on in his stories; it's certainly gotten me to re-examine the way I look at Obsidian and the tumultuous development...
  8. CrustyBot

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

I'm curious as to whether any of Chris' bigger claims will be addressed by people at the company at some point (namely Obsidian wanting to restrict him from working on RPGs ever again, and the ghost employee embezzlement). The timing of the shitflinging is pretty devastating as it's going to...
  9. CrustyBot

WEW

WEW
  10. CrustyBot

I'd be glad to join, if it's an actual thing.

I'd be glad to join, if it's an actual thing.
  11. CrustyBot

BioWare official forums shutting down! END OF RINE!

https://forum.bioware.com/topic/574907-concerning-our-forums/page-100#entry20418737 :salute:
  12. CrustyBot

I did note one guy who was shilling the Codex for some reason. But it seems like a lot of the refugees are heading to http://biowaresocialnetwork.boards.net/ It's run by a person with the handle Cassandra Saturn, a mentally unstable tranny and pathological liar. So fun times ahead.
  13. CrustyBot

Wew lad. It's been a long time since I've visited BSN, let alone quote mined. Think I'll start going back for one last hurrah. :kingcomrade: Also been a while since I've been here in any real capacity. Please tell me we're getting normal brofists back and that this cavalcade of buttons is...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom