Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by cw8

1. cw8

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous vs Baldurs Gate 3

Wrath of the Righeous. It has more build options, goes to lvl 20, add in mythic classes which feel great, spellcasters rock. WOTR has harder fights. D&D5e which BG3 uses sucks balls, concentration mechanic fucks up most spellcasters and they feel like wusses instead of nukes. Can't prebuff much...
  2. cw8

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

I spent 20 mins in the character creator before realising "Body Type" changes faces and looks to be female shaped. Tinkering around with Body Type 2, trying to make a male look like a female. Shouldn't all this be under "Sex" or something. How intuitive.
  3. cw8

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

You realise you can play in 3rd person view: You can watch the beginners guide. It's a little dated but still pretty relevant. If you can play Eve, you most certainly can play this. Funny because ppl compare Eve to Excel spreadsheets mostly.
  4. cw8

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous

I never tire of this text though:
  5. cw8

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Just forced myself to complete the very mediocre Starpoint Gemini 3 few days ago, not sure how they went from Warlords to SG3. But now with the Boron expansion, I should be ready to jump back into X4 for a new campaign.
  6. cw8

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Completed the original campaign on Scavenger at level 11. Went into the final mission without knowing, even when the rep vendors disappeared and city went into lockdown, didn't prepare my items or supplies. Luckily u can have unlimited short rests to craft stuff at the end. Guess my Monk carried...
  7. cw8

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Well my main character is always a Monk. At least the Monk feels right in Solasta, furry of blows and multiple attacks a turn. If party composition allows it, i.e. 5 or 6 party members, I'll get another offtank. My other characters are mostly spellcasters. Nothing like seeing high level spells...
  8. cw8

I detest Counterspell as well. I mean I use it too but this and the concentration mechanic takes the fun out of spellcasters. And spellcasters and magic are pretty much the whole reason I play D&D crpgs. Far cry from the Timestop, contingency, spell trigger system from Baldur's Gate 2.
  9. cw8

I've started my playthrough 2 weeks ago and now I'm level 9. I'm not sure if it's the game or the D&D5e rules but after coming from multiple playthroughs of Pathfinder Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, I'm just not used to the simplification of the rules. Not much prebuffing, concentration...
  10. cw8

New Fleet Commands and Ship formation AI makes carriers good n fun now hopefully.
  11. cw8

Most Steam reviews are one liner meme reviews that are funny but tell you nothing about the game.
  12. cw8

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

So is this Dynasty Warriors with monsters? The RTK fan in me prefers a decent new RTK game but oh well.
  13. cw8

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Do the sidequests get any interesting like what we've seen in the gameplay trailers? So far most if not all of them I've played are MMO-fetch/kill quests. The ones that have actual involvement are mostly the main story quests.
  14. cw8

the "official" Path of Wuxia thread

How do you beat the first guy in the tournament in Year 3. He takes little damage and heals to full every 4 turns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom