Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Cynic

1. Cynic

3D map and 2D sprites

Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume is a good one
  2. Cynic

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

This is fucking awesome!
  3. Cynic

Tyranny Pre-Release Thread

Turn based?
  4. Cynic

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Well to be fair, they have gone above and beyond their original KS commitments, I think we should all be appreciative of a dev that would do this, but their is definitely an air of childishness in their forums.
  5. Cynic

KickStarter Grim Dawn

The forums are pretty fucking weird I have to say. A long time back I criticised the design of one summon for looking just like a mob and the lead dev basically started crying and telling me I was a meanie.
  6. Cynic

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Knew this game would be awesome. My initial thoughts ring true!
  7. Cynic

The Sales of Incline.

I've been adventuring in a different plane of existence for quite some time. What projects are these?
  8. Cynic

The Sales of Incline.

I don't know. 1 million bucks is not much for a company the size of Obsidian. Sure they have revenue coming from other areas, but if they were going to go under before PoE, I'm skeptical that it will save the company in the long run unless they do some drastic restructure or their tank MMO &...
  9. Cynic

The Sales of Incline.

Yeah interesting. Maybe Obsidian are not long for this world. Could be why Avellone left. Let's hope that tank MMO makes them some cash.
  10. Cynic

The Sales of Incline.

Yeah, I am wondering how much profit they've made. Is their model solid or is it a house of cards? I'm really curious.
  11. Cynic

The Sales of Incline.

Yeah there's a lot to consider. When taking all that into consideration, I begin to wonder how the games can remain all that profitable. Let's take the example of PoE, it's currently retailing for 45 USD on Steam. They got $3,986,929 from KS. Now, that's made up of 73,986 backers. I guess what...
  12. Cynic

The Sales of Incline.

Would be interested to see Grim Dawn added to this list edit: seems above me someone listed it at 40K sales So, do these numbers include original KS backers? I mean I guess it does since they redeem their keys and then they get added as owners to Steam's stats correct? It's a bit muddled, do...
  13. Cynic

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Sounds pretty damn good, I'm not a huge fan of classless but I'm open to being impressed with the implementation. Other than that...yeah this seems like the one to go with :bro:
  14. Cynic

Why is the RTwP in Staglands better than RTwP in PoE? Edit: well after watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfnXhT5L0vs It seems there are some issues with the combat as is to be expected but it also seems there's a lot this game has to offer BEYOND combat when compared to PoE, does...
  15. Cynic

So bros, I've not been round for a while. I don't have a lot of time these days, and with the large amount of seemingly questionable incline having emerged violently from the soft underclothes of banality, can someone please tell me; if you had to choose between this and PoE, which would you play?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom