Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by DalekFlay

1. DalekFlay

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I get your point but even for an optional fight it's insane for level 5. At least IMO. Though I beat it so... whatever I guess. Edit: Anyway coming back here already was a mistake, still triggered by fascist hivemind that has developed. Just want to say this game is great and not really buggy...
  2. DalekFlay

It was optional so you could have missed it. Or maybe you somehow killed him before he summoned them, but I did not have haste and tried like four times and couldn't do that. There's like 10 demons in the room in front of him and he's way in the back.
  3. DalekFlay

That fight right before the end of chapter one with the dude who summons a bunch of locust swarms is some difficulty spike bullshit. I beat it, playing on core rules, so I'm not looking for advice or saying it's impossible. Just as a pure game balance issue though, the fact it's twice as hard as...
  4. DalekFlay

Yeah I'm not obsessed with culture war shit like a lot of you, but the game definitely has too many Joss Whedon and Waifu characters. Looking at a companion list I see there's many more left to find, hopefully they're not as fucking derpy.
  5. DalekFlay

"At least the cult member girl who sacrifices children is blunt and honest, unlike those uppity moral liberals!" is exactly the Codex take I expected on this game's writing.
  6. DalekFlay

Is there really a 3 day timer on the early city section before you miss stuff? 'Cause resting once took 2 days and I'd realllllly like to rest again, but all I've done is clear the central market.
  7. DalekFlay

I don't remember Kingmaker's performance that well but I recently played Pillars 2 and it varied from 144fps down to 40fps depending on what was on screen. Unity just sucks for performance.
  8. DalekFlay

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

The combat "action" was shit, but preparing your character for combat was fun. It was "CRPG-y" in that way, or whatever terms you want to use. Also Morrowind gets a massive gameplay handicap bonus due to its world and lore.
  9. DalekFlay

How important are puzzles in RPGs?

I like dungeon puzzle type shit in Tomb Raider style games, but in CRPGs I usually don't. If they require a lot of walking back and forth then I tend to get pretty annoyed, especially if any of that walking needs to be precise.
  10. DalekFlay

Strength damage down to 0 in the first real area I went to after the intro. Damn, game ain't fucking around. Can't even buy restoration scrolls yet due to finances, and if I rest for 2 weeks the plot moves on, so... hmmm. Also the intro/tutorial was too fucking long. That aside, having a good...
  11. DalekFlay

What is the best RPG of the CRPG Renaissance?

'Cause they never stopped making those kinds of games. I see stuff like Pillars as a "renaissance" because stuff like BG2 stopped being made.
  12. DalekFlay

What is the best RPG of the CRPG Renaissance?

I voted for: Pathfinder Pillars Shadowrun Dragonfall Elex Of those I'll be the weirdo who says he enjoyed Pillars most. Pathfinder was a little too mechanics focused, the kingdom management was tedious and annoying, the time limits made for some feelings of linearity despite their leniency and...
  13. DalekFlay

P.S. They're everywhere here now.

P.S. They're everywhere here now.
  14. DalekFlay

Absolutely.

Absolutely.
  15. DalekFlay

Just done with the MAGAs for a while.

Just done with the MAGAs for a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom