Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by damicore

1. damicore

Random JRPG News Thread

The trpg?
  2. damicore

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Sadly, none of his videos contain japan only games.
  3. damicore

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

You're right, as I said, i'm really sad we'll never get a game that looks like this: or one that uses character models like this one: . Things got a little confusing during that discussion.
  4. damicore

I don't think you understand the point of stylization. Do you think art (and popular culture) should always portray life with realism? That's what cameras are for nowadays.
  5. damicore

That's a great wallpaper, here's mine: You should try harder next time, though.
  6. damicore

I'd say that's a problem with ffxiv (And off-topic: All western games released in the last 10-15 years), because I guess there must be some weebs that'd like to look like workers from a host club, but in the case of more stylized art like that of Akihiko Yoshida, Amano and Kaneko I don't think...
  7. damicore

Probably, but there's no better way to put it without writing a wall of text talking about art history. btw, have you seen your avatar? The guy from FFT is the epitome of sameface.
  8. damicore

Sameface or not is not a problem for me, I don't strive for realism after all. His art is quite unique when you compare it to what digital artists are doing nowadays and that's what I value. Also, you just posted a screenshot from Stranger of Sword City, all the girls are sameface there, but the...
  9. damicore

They are certainly better than what we're getting nowasays, though I'm not that big of a fan, I prefer Amano's work as I said, which came before.
  10. damicore

Nah, that looks generic like generic weeb digital illustration. If I want good art I'd look for Kaneko's art or Amano's himself. The problem with the new guys in the industry is they look up to other guys working in the industry, rather than looking up to artists. Amano and Kaneko are much more...
  11. damicore

I'd much rather have this: than this: I don't know, it might be because I've always been a weeb but western devs should start hiring some other people to do their designs because all their designs look like shit to me. It's not like the east does anything brilliant, mind you, and ffxv's...
  12. damicore

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

I get like average 35FPS with my 7 year old i5 2500k slightly overclocked. Look up "wiiu usb helper" to get all dlcs and stuff, and be sure to get the fps+ graphic pack for BoTW.
  13. damicore

Yugioh

Aren't they starting to push archetypes in dual links, too?
  14. damicore

Random JRPG News Thread

Let's not make this thread about me. You're also wrong about me, I have played many eroge and enjoyed them. Yuno is among my favorite games ever. I was mostly replying to this post: That insinuates that you should want every piece of media you consume to try to arouse you.
  15. damicore

Random JRPG News Thread

But that doesn't work. The Japanese keep doing it. Don't know about these particular games, I just don't want to be treated like a 14 year old who needs to see pantyshots or characters design right out of a strip-club like the magician from the last star ocean. They have sex scenes, not...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom