Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Damned Registrations

1. Damned Registrations

Decline On why boss combat is shit (and why your favorite Soulslike sucks).

Pretty much everyone sucks at doing boss fights, honestly. You get a rare few good ones here or there, but mostly it's either a memorization test or a 'dodge until his pants fall down then knife him in the dick' fight. Often both at once. A proper long fight shouldn't be repetitive nor should...
  2. Damned Registrations

The Japs do everything better

Star Ocean 2 let you do that decades ago, yes. You could also craft equipment, potions, write books to share skills between party members, and use skills to generate money outside of combat. 1998. Honestly it's always crpgs that have felt primitive to me. They trade off a ton of features in...
  3. Damned Registrations

Incline Path of Exile II - isometric souls with loot (beta coming late 2024)

So everyone saying WASD movement feels good... have they tried a build with more than like, 2 skills on it? Because unless you've got 10 fingers on your left hand, that seems pretty awkward to me.
  4. Damned Registrations

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

No, no... he had a stone bird. That was pretty much it. My mages just refused to cast spells on him for some reason and eventually routed themselves by standing around in their own chill auras while birds whacked lobo guards that couldn't get through his defenses.
  5. Damned Registrations

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

I've heard someone complain about the AI not casting spells like Breath of Winter that will put your own units to sleep. Good news! Not only will mages cast this, they'll do it off script, for no reason other than to sabotage your own army. Not depicted: The dozen mindblasters that walked in...
  6. Damned Registrations

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

This seems so weird to me. Why didn't they just use all the crap from Dark Arisen? There was pretty decent enemy variety with the expansion.
  7. Damned Registrations

Slice & Dice - Dice oriented party combat roguelike

Been playing this again lately myself. Game is, unironically, some of the best combat in any game I've ever played. Game just throws meaningful choices at you at a breakneck pace, and has so many characters, enemies, items, curses, modes and options it never gets old.
  8. Damned Registrations

How are status effects this time around? I recall poison doing basically no damage to enemies in the first game, same with burning. OTOH Petrify was a super easy instakill on some enemies and slow was incredibly strong.
  9. Damned Registrations

Did steam get rid of the reviews over time graph thing? I can't find it all of the sudden. Also, 2300 reviews are 'other' instead of 'purchased. Wonder where those came from?!?
  10. Damned Registrations

This is exactly the kind of thing I like doing but... is it just going to be a dissapointment like it was in ER? Is there anything in that dark cave worth your time, or is it going to be some gold and a weapon/hat you'll never use? The pre-release stuff seemed to imply there were going to be...
  11. Damned Registrations

There was some pretty cool stuff in the sidequests of the first game if you got creative, using disguises, befriending specific people, stuff like that. Most people didn't bother and just thwacked monsters.
  12. Damned Registrations

Unicorn Overlord - Tactical RPG by Vanillaware

Eh, watch something older then. Got around to watching though a bunch of Stargate SG-1 and every other episode is good guys fighting some kind of space hitler and being all righteous and preachy about it. "This technology that would create infinite energy and cure cancer isn't even worth...
  13. Damned Registrations

The Japs do everything better

You didn't say 'quality' you said 'grounded' which is some vague weasel word shit even more than 'quality'. I haven't seen much of Fear and Hunger except part of a LP, seemed like your standard shock-horror schlock to me. Something like Delita's arc in FFT is what I consider to be a good story...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom