Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Darkzone's Recent Activity

1. Darkzone replied to the thread nuCodexers talk about le trashmobs meme, but the real killer in RPGs are trash dialog mobs..

I fear that to the question of the trashmobs (combat and dialog) there is no simple answer. Let me address the dialog trashmobs: If you...

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:06 PM
  2. Darkzone brofisted JarlFrank's post in the thread nuCodexers talk about le trashmobs meme, but the real killer in RPGs are trash dialog mobs..

Yes, I entirely agree. I apply the same standards to both dialogues and combat encounters: they should be interesting and worthwhile to...

Dec 10, 2019 at 2:21 PM
  3. Darkzone replied to the thread Incline Something incredible will happen Monday. Incline..

In USA it is still Monday and in Hawaii it is just short after 12 (HST) (GMT-10).

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:16 PM
  4. Darkzone replied to the thread Incline Something incredible will happen Monday. Incline..

In Australia it is now in Perth (00:00) and Sydney (03:00) Tuesday. I guess this was meant to be an other Monday.

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:12 PM
  5. Darkzone replied to the thread KickStarter Best RPGs from the crowdfunding era.

Surprisingly unsurprisingly i ended up with voting of the most voted RPGs.

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:30 PM
  6. Darkzone replied to the thread Gold Box I played the NES port of Pool of Radiance for a bit; this game is terrible.

By your own admission you recognise that you need different means for different enemies. I will post here from the poolofradiance.fandom...

Dec 8, 2019 at 5:16 PM
  7. Darkzone brofisted Roguey's post in the thread Gold Box I played the NES port of Pool of Radiance for a bit; this game is terrible.

While true for sleep, Stinking Cloud works fine, there's just a saving throw vs poison. Undead can be managed with Turn Undead. I used...

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:31 PM
  8. Darkzone brofisted Buster's post in the thread Game News Check out the first trailer for Betrayal at Krondor homage Call of Saregnar.

Stopped lurking to say I love this. God speed.

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:27 PM
  9. Darkzone brofisted Rhuantavan's post in the thread Game News Check out the first trailer for Betrayal at Krondor homage Call of Saregnar.

OMG, I'm in the news. :shredder: I bow before the Codex!

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:21 PM
  10. Darkzone replied to the thread CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 - now with Keanu Reeves - coming April 16th.

Not necessary. There is also the trenchcoat faction in Cyberpunk.

Dec 7, 2019 at 9:47 PM
  11. Darkzone replied to the thread KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster.

Are you still on their forum? Propose to them to sell their assets (3d meshes with their animations) on Steam store and Epic...

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:46 PM
  12. Darkzone replied to the thread Incline Something incredible will happen Monday. Incline..

Let me guess you have finally cleaned up the Grimoire UI, so that i can play it without getting seizures?

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:17 PM
  13. Darkzone replied to the thread Gold Box I played the NES port of Pool of Radiance for a bit; this game is terrible.

It was more of a rhetorical question to show that this tactic does not always work. I assume to remember but it is very clouded, that...

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:38 PM
  14. Darkzone brofisted Dorateen's post in the thread Gold Box I played the NES port of Pool of Radiance for a bit; this game is terrible.

Stinking Cloud was effective all throughout Pools of Darkness. One of the things I enjoyed was how you could deploy the spell on the...

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:23 PM
  15. Darkzone replied to the thread Gold Box I played the NES port of Pool of Radiance for a bit; this game is terrible.

Also on V. Graveyard?

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:07 PM

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)