Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Darkzone

1. Darkzone

Whats your favorite standard fantasy class?

Wrong on all accounts. Mongolians and there wrestling is only observable in history in the 1100 AD and before that there are only a lot of speculations, while greek wrestling was already developed and systemised before 700 BC and was already in Baktria (Afghanistan and parts of India and Iran)...
  2. Darkzone

I'm going to tell you a secret... Nearly all (excluded are things like Capoeira) unarmed martial arts are descend from the greek martial arts: Pale (Wrestling), Pygme (Boxing) und the greek MMA aka Pankration (Pan = "All", Kratos = "Power" ). It was spread from the Polis-states through...
  3. Darkzone

In DnD 5E: Human Male Fighter (Battlemaster (best option: Pugilist build), Champion) or Rogue (Assassin, Swashbuckler) with the Tavern Brawler and Grappler Feat and / or Unarmed Fighting (Tasha's) fighting style.
  4. Darkzone

Yes it is lazy, but it was the naive mid 70s and therefore Gary, Dave and the rest have an excuse for this. But doing it still in the 2k10s like in the recent books releases, like in the Xanathar's Guide to everything with the Samurai Fighter Archetype, it is just lazy. Samurai Archetype like...
  5. Darkzone

Don't know, but you should ask him since he is one:
  6. Darkzone

Wasn't the Monk class first created during the Dave Arneson's playtests sometimes between 1972-75, where several monks appeared? And wasn't the in Blackmoor Monk version based on the series Kung-Fu (Tim Kask) and / or the Destroyer novels (Gary)? And was inspired by the Arneson's playtests (Tim...
  7. Darkzone

The KI (Chi, Qi) points name is give it a east asian touch, because the european monk is reflected by the Kleric ( monastic knights order ) and the Druid ( hermit ) type. East asian monks have become synonymous with martial arts, meditations and bodily exercises, while european monks were rather...
  8. Darkzone

Torment .

Yes but i never claimed that Dragonlance was not a Tolkienesque setting and with the use of "It" i refer only to Planescape and not my list. But to be honest i don't know how to qualify Dragonlance since it has too much written material. Also i don't really know if it will not surface again with...
  9. Darkzone

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Released

This is rather a proto-communist stance since, since it only is about the product and wars for resources (food) and not about the moral values: ... the fruits of the earth belong to us all... What a retard he was, as if the earth itself would produce cultivated plants. Yes if you say as much as...
  10. Darkzone

RPG settings

Only Thac0 wants everything. Add Early Space Age (Expanse) choice and give us 5 choices for selection. Then i can add it and Prehistoric to my preferences. I'm currently divided in the early and late antiquity and Sci-Fi, without covering the necessary bases.
  11. Darkzone

RPG settings

Three Choices are not enough.
  12. Darkzone

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Released

Mortmal don't be a retard, because this is not medieval. This is armor from the 19th century and the Mahdist Warriors were uprising in 1881-1899. And this is the only shit they had (besides recently bought rifles), while they had a border with the Ottomans since 1517 and were even subjects of...
  13. Darkzone

Ultima In 2021, Ultima V is still the greatest open-world RPG!

Somewhere along the long way Garriott has lost his mojo and since then nothing of renown and recognition came out of him.
  14. Darkzone

Torment .

It died like Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Spelljammer, Kara-Tur (FR), Al-Qadim (FR), Maztica (FR), Malatra (FR) or Rokugan. It was different than other quite typical tolkienesque settings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom