Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by DawnrazorDCLXVI

1. DawnrazorDCLXVI

KickStarter Fort Triumph - fantasy nuXCOM-ish game

More like a turn-based Powerstone 2. But yeah, similar physics-heavy feel. I am raking up rare trophies, using comboing and physics. It creates a lot of emergent, water-cooler moments.
  2. DawnrazorDCLXVI

KickStarter Fort Triumph - fantasy nuXCOM-ish game

The tactical layer is fantastic. It's like LGS took X-Com, and did it their way. Reactive physics should have been the norm since the mid-2000s. I can't believe people on the Codex refuse to play a game with good gameplay solely on its graphics. Do you complain about graphics being 20 years old...
  3. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Seven: The Days Long Gone - Thief-inspired isometric action-RPG from former CD Projekt devs

So much controversy! I bought this game the day of release, but sadly, my computer broke on the same day - I am waiting on my new one.
  4. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #39: Puzzle Weapons

Really cool idea! I hope more RPG designers adopt clever solutions to make games more interesting, more fun, and lastly - more challenging.
  5. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Mobile rpgs

Missing the Quest, and Undercroft.
  6. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

I made the same complains about game balance and stability and everyone ranked my post retarded. Now the full review comes out, and talks about first turn wipes, and bards being OPed. Virtue signalling on the Codex much?
  7. DawnrazorDCLXVI

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Nice to see everyone get excited. I've spent a helluva lot of time on their forums, the devs could barely contain themselves, it's good to see people excited with the fruits of their labor.
  8. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Grimoire Thread

Whimsical is fine, but I do hope to encounter a wider emotional palette over the course of the game. Dark dungeons should be scary. Rescuing maidens should be lighthearted. Invading castles should be heroic. As far as armor balance... I haven't gotten that far. My save got invalidated by a...
  9. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Grimoire Thread

Encounter rate is WAY too high. Lower the bottom end, increase the top end. Hope you are taking notes off this thread. Tons of great suggestions, once you are done squashing insects.
  10. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Grimoire Thread

Quick question: anyone know if you can multiclass into prestige classes down the line? Requirements are steep on jester.
  11. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Game News Underworld Ascendant Pre-Alpha Released

Only three objects can stick together at a time.
  12. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Grimoire Thread

So you prefer combat that is random to combat that is strategic? That is an opinion, not an argument. Phoenix Point uses a damage % reduction system to account for armor, cover, and other factors. Without the boring RNG.
  13. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Grimoire Thread

So, are you suggesting that the X-Com remakes are better for having RNG, too?
  14. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Grimoire Thread

Yeah, I had to create a separate folder under my apps just to get the game to run after the latest update. Btw, still confused about the stats thing. I've rolled a naga with 30 points before, but still no option for assassin class? What am I doing wrong?
  15. DawnrazorDCLXVI

Grimoire Thread

Latest update made my save invalid. :rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom