Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dedup

1. Dedup

The Lone Wolf Gamebooks Thread

I think that was the intention. I don't know what happened with the Mongoose deal but the new books are being produced under Holmgard Press. Joe managed to publish book 29 before he passed away and books 30 and 31 were published by his son. I assume Joe's son will write and publish book 32...
  2. Dedup

The Lone Wolf Gamebooks Thread

Mongoose stopped doing them after about book 17. After that a German publisher, Mantikore-Verlag, continued until around book 22. I think Joe Dever then decided to create Holmgard Press to publish his new books and finish the collector's edition of the originals. His son is running that now...
  3. Dedup

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

3 Points Hero's Quest (Quest for Glory) Pool of Radiance Dark Sun: Shattered Lands 1 Point Betrayal at Krondor
  4. Dedup

Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?

After finishing Demon Gaze I decided to try my hand at finishing Elminage Original (PSP version). I played it when it came out and gotten pretty far, but dropped it for some reason. One thing that struck me then and in this recent play through is that there didn't seem to be any risk of...
  5. Dedup

[Vita] Demon Gaze is fucking awesome

:necro: Nearly finished with this and need a bit of guidance. I beat the post game boss and got a final optional quest to get some of Fran's items that were lost. I already had all of them but one, Fran's Hair Clip. I'm assuming it's classified as a Hat and not a Helm so I'm grinding the...
  6. Dedup

Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?

Been playing Demon's Gaze on the PSVita. I'm nearly finished and had fun with it for the most part but high hp regen on some of the bosses makes those fights tedious as hell. Fighting one of those battles last night I had to give up as I couldn't do enough reliable damage to overcome the...
  7. Dedup

Incline OSR Games - Official thread

Missed the black box set myself. I figured that I'll wait to see if it would be in the new Kickstarter which proved to be a mistake. I ended up backing for the modular books and ordered the modular OSE classic rule books from Exalted Funeral. I'll probably grab the compiled tomes as add-ons...
  8. Dedup

What game are you wasting time on?

Played Pathfinder up to finishing the Season of the Bloom chapter with my archery focused ranger. I then started Varnhold's Lot with a druid since it's one of the few classes that aren't represented by any of the game's playable companions. After doing the first couple areas, I started feeling...
  9. Dedup

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 - The Four Relics of Rivellon Gift Bag Released

This is apparently happening on August 18th when the game is released on consoles.
  10. Dedup

5 games you always come back to

Pool of Radiance Quest for Glory 1 (EGA) Baldur's Gate 1 Icewind Dale 1 Diablo 1
  11. Dedup

What game are you wasting time on?

I just finished another Pool of Radiance run, this time with the audio version of Gold Box Companion. Battles and areas having their own playlist of songs instead of just running a generic playlist in the background made it much more enjoyable for me. I think my biggest problem was deciding...
  12. Dedup

Wizardry Older Wizardry and games with no music - music suggestions?

When I played Wasteland 1 a few years back I used the soundtracks from old westerns and 80s action movies.
  13. Dedup

Icewind Dale Miss Icewind Dale 2020

I don't think this one was an actual portrait but she should probably be in the poll. Edit: Hopefully this one shows up.
  14. Dedup

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal, Previews and Interviews

The thing that really kills me about this is that their first RPG, Divine Divinity, had a day/night cycle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom