Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Denim Demon

1. Denim Demon

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

For those who just want to read: https://tower-cyoa.netlify.app/
  2. Denim Demon

CYOA press

Added: Epic - Book One Epic - Book Two And here's the Original War LP. It mostly works, but I really think it would be better if each update were on a separate page. Also could use some transform to remove the spoiler tags - they are not very useful in this case.
  3. Denim Demon

CYOA press

I had an idea that is a combination of both. I add a simple editor to all books that allows you to mark text ranges that you want removed. The editor then generates some config that you can provide to the tool to automatically remove those ranges on its next run. The process is basically the...
  4. Denim Demon

CYOA press

Not yet, I'd like to make some small changes to the tool to make the manual editing easier. Cool, I'll try it out when I find some time. That's rather technical. Basically loading the forum page gives you a complete HTML page with header, a list of posts, a footer and so on. Now we want a...
  5. Denim Demon

CYOA press

True. Though you could improve that by having a central repository where the edits are collected. Basically multiple users can run the tool locally, but afterwards all manual changes and the newly compiled stuff are moved to a central reposity on the internet - just like I do now with the...
  6. Denim Demon

CYOA press

The module that loads the thread page and extracts the post content is well separated from the rest of the code. So it would not be too much trouble to switch it with another module that would work for a different forum. However I have no plans to do so in the near future. Though you never...
  7. Denim Demon

CYOA press

Added some stuff: Added Extras to Legend, collected by Nevill Added Warhammer: 41K Updated Overlord with latest chapters I only took a quick look at WH41K but it seems to be fine. Lots of redundant captions in this one :). Quotes still look awkward, but that's already on the to-do list...
  8. Denim Demon

CYOA press

Awesome! :salute: Yeah it basically boils down to two options: Clean up each and every post by hand - results would be pretty much perfect, also allows for adding stuff for whatever reason Find an automatic solution that is easily configurable through the index and catches most cases Some...
  9. Denim Demon

CYOA press

Not sure about this one. There is still a point in a document (the heading 'Prologue') that you can jump to, which is not really the case with the thread. Also I think the users expectations might change after improving the index style to: Prologue: The Man Who Slew the Demon Lord The Last...
  10. Denim Demon

CYOA press

I'll try to find a more suitable style for spoilers then. Actually I removed the 'Chapter XYZ' notation from the index manually because I thought it was distracting. Now that you mention it, it is actually helpful when browsing the (rendered) index. So I restored your original version. However...
  11. Denim Demon

CYOA press

I found the Zhang Jue ones when trying to find out what happened between the Quickloads, but totally forget about them. Guess I'll add all those as Extras at the end. I already saw that, that's very cool. Though maybe the link should say something like Compiled or Single page, since CYOA press...
  12. Denim Demon

CYOA press

So I added the Myth one: Myth: A New Age This one uses a lot of rather long spoiler tags which were just rendered as block quotes. So I added a little script that can expand / collapse spoilers just like on the forums. Works pretty well so far, although there are some issues where the text in...
  13. Denim Demon

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

B I don't trust him to give in so easily.
  14. Denim Demon

CYOA press

Whoa, that was fast! Thanks Nevill :salute: Also the index was pretty much in the perfect format, if anyone else wants to have something compiled this is pretty much what I need. Anyway here it is: The Codexian Saga Reading this one isn't as smooth as there's a lot of 'out-of-character' talk...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom