Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Desert Fish

1. Desert Fish

I'm looking for a game where I start out with 10s in every stat

I have a game to recommend. It's as balanced or unbalanced as you choose. It's called Cheat Engine. It's a little boring on its own, though.
  2. Desert Fish

KickStarter Prometheus Wept - turn-based RPG from Vigilantes developer - Demo Available

I nearly always end up disappointed by crowd-funded projects... But the early bird is cheap, and this seems promising, so what the hell. Backed.
  3. Desert Fish

ultra wide curved monitors?

I have a Lenovo G34 1500R curved and I highly recommend the strong curve for 30" and above. What I don't like about large flat monitors is that the sides are usually seen at an angle and from quite a bit further away than the center, which also means that the effective pixel density is...
  4. Desert Fish

KickStarter Blackthorne health fundraiser

This is the health system the American people has chosen. They must prefer it this way. America, the land of the free. Except most citizens are actually slaves to corporations and their owners.
  5. Desert Fish

Interview Matt Chat 433: George Ziets on Mask of the Betrayer

I never felt that leaving one character at the menagerie was a significant limitation. I just swapped between Kaelyn and Gann now and then, and still maxed influence for both IIRC. And considering how chaotic some fights were, I'm not sure about adding another party member. Actually; I had the...
  6. Desert Fish

What's the best way to do equipment progression in RPGs?

But cutting someone up with a sword is? I like this. I really prefer to have my characters' capabilities mostly defined through the character sheet rather than what equipment they happen to carry.
  7. Desert Fish

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

They should be hiring more QA people, not pay them the same. Or maybe just let more suckers fans beta test. I guess the downside is that the bug reports tend to be near useless.
  8. Desert Fish

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2019 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

5 points Jagged Alliance 2 4 points Fallout Deus Ex 3 points Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines Fallout: New Vegas 2 points Age of Decadence Neverwinter Nights 2 (Mask of the Betrayer) 1 point Planescape: Torment Fallout 2
  9. Desert Fish

The Amazing Fantastics is Final Fantasy Meets DC and Marvel

The art is nice, I just wish it didn't have JRPG combat. The screenshots gave me associations to a beat 'em up like Streets of Rage. Now that could have been sweet.
  10. Desert Fish

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Hmm. Sneaking is usually more of a hassle in my experience. The exception being Obfuscate 3 or higher. One more reason to play Malkavian or Nosferatu, I guess.
  11. Desert Fish

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

I thought it was considerably harder to survive in Metroid Fusion. Samus felt relatively fragile in that game. It made some sense, too, with regard to the story. I'm sure you could soak up many more hits in Super Metroid. On the other hand, Fusion told you where to go all the time, with no tough...
  12. Desert Fish

2017/09/27 - Mask of the Betrayer is now a decade old.

That damned Avellone raping Star Wars lore, then this. :argh: He's worse than Bethesda!
  13. Desert Fish

You already have the choice to continue Akachi's legacy and join the crusade. What seems out of place to me, is that you are forced to leave a potentially trusted and loyal companion to go on without your help.
  14. Desert Fish

Kaelyn has a super-human wisdom stat, so that doesn't quite make sense. And if you don't agree that the Wall is unjust, and that freeing the souls in it, even if just one at a time, is a noble undertaking, I have nothing more to say to you.
  15. Desert Fish

Also, in the evil ending, you are able to fight gods and survive, maybe even kill some, so it doesn't seem that crazy if you somehow could turn that power towards taking down the wall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom