Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Diogo Ribeiro

1. Wizardry Wizardry IV: Throb of the Demon's Heart

Having a lot of fun with this, and on my Windows Phone no less. It's a great mix of old and new (as in, Bradley's fur-o-mania and classes spliced with the random attribute gain/loss per level, older spells and simple but maniacal floor layout that seems to add to the compulsion), and while I've...
  2. Wizardry Wizardry IV Gaiden SNES Translation to English - CURRENT VERSION 1.02

Out of curiosity, how *did* one moved previous Gaiden saves around the games in real hardware? My level 23+ group in Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord did not transfer to either Legacy of LLylgamyn or Knight of Diamonds on the Snes, other than some higher stats and an small icon indicating...
  3. Review Bloodlines - Just Shy of Greatness

Roffles! ...Or should I say "roffltar", traitor?
  4. Awesome new slogan

Awesome :lol:
  5. Awesome new slogan

I know it's been a while since I left the staff and stopped being a regular, but people around here are still as barmy as ever. That's good... I think :P
  6. Awesome new slogan

Just wanted to say that :D
  7. MW2 has the best mission ever

Yes, well. What I got from the scene is not so much that it is a breakthrough in videogame narrative (it's not) or necessarily elevating games to 'art' (whatever that means nowadays and no, it's not). Conflicting opinions will be just that, and between media watchdogs and self-serving...
  8. Bioware cliche chart and their response

Do you think so? Well I better not show you the best Action RPG ever made Sweet Bloodlines Hmm sweet Bloodlines Sweet Bloodlines YEAH SWEET BLOODLINES *pe-pew pe-pew pe-pe-pew*
  9. Interview Fallout 3 will be Straighter and More Plausible

Interesting bit is how Fallout 3, where its designers claim wooden structures do not decay because Science! commands them to stand there, is plausible.
  10. Interview Age of Decadence at No Continues

Priceless :lol: Actually, it was a bit more violent since my source of learning were some Dirty Harry movies, associating the english sound to the portuguese subtitles. My parents freaked out when I blurted "motherfucker" in Portuguese because no translation came from the movie on the telly...
  11. Interview Age of Decadence at No Continues

:lol: I am Diogo Ribeiro, by the way, or Role-Player for the nostalgia lulz. That bit was about me knowing the lyrics to the song without ever having read them anywhere. Pointless trivia about me instead of an actual curriculum, mind :)
  12. Review Uberlong Fable: The Lost Chapters Review

@Antagonist and ixg: I'm not really back - this review is about one year old but VD informed me during a conversation that it was finally up, after all this time, and I decided to pay a visit :) If I return here, it most likely won't be on any official capacity. Just as a regular forumite...
  13. Review Role-Player reviews Fable

The mistake is clearly a warning sign that I was too hung up on some aspects of the game and did not notice it. In fact, at the time I couldn't see any effect from this, which I admit to finding odd. But I do take the responsability for any oversight like that.
  14. Review Role-Player reviews Fable

A blast from the past, to be sure. Completely forgotten about it to be honest, and there are things I'd probably address differently nowadays, but hey, kudos in any case :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom