Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dnny

1. Publishers = bad RPGs?

No. It was KOTOR 2 that was released unfinished, it was because the publisher wanted it done for christmas and rushed the developers schedule. It doesn't have shit to do with being "unable" to do it. It *had* to be done for *christmas* 2004 no matter wut.
  2. DA is anticlimatic.

Yeah even Arcanum crap combat is superior to DA. Unlike DA, there was many ways to take down an enemy and the enemies had much greater variety, fighting a golem with a sword would've been asstarded while I never felt the need in DA to switch my weapons or spell strategy. Basically in DA there is...
  3. How conservative are you? What new shit do you want?

And compete with games like Condemned ? no way the xbox 360 tards would have bought a source engine-level game when launch titles featured stuff like Condemned. You have to understand that market before thinking you could wave your magic wand and make millions. Apart from the nice character...
  4. Developer's Wives Strike Back!

Fuck you. I don't see why developers shouldn't get rich from the WORK they do while the middle men that don't actually create any value whatsoever earn ten times the amount devs do. No developers, no software, bitch.
  5. How conservative are you? What new shit do you want?

I love Troika but you have to admit the only game they made that deserves very high praise is Arcanum. ToEE had really nice combat and I LOVE truly turn-based D&D (not RTWP shit) but it was a shit as a game and entertainment. The story, the characters, the encounter design, the dialogue, ToEE...
  6. 40$ Dragon Age DLC is coming

DA is far too boring to have any sort of replayability, once you saw the end you'll never be coming back. Unless you are so stupid and retarded bio fanboy you'd suck fat gaider dick and swallow every drop.
  7. What party size do you prefer ?

Thirty years of RPG with asstarded party creation ? think not. The first cRPGs (rogue likes) were all solo, not party based anyway so thirty years is gross exaggeration. Those party based games with fully player generated NPCs were just a dumb trend that finally died out, not the core of RPG...
  8. What party size do you prefer ?

Actually BG2 nerfed the ability compared to BG1 where you could summon an ARMY with wands of summoning. That was pretty much the only way I could think of to kill the annoying Drizzt, surrounding him with summoned monsters and a team attacking with their bows.
  9. What party size do you prefer ?

Six is quite optimal, not too big as to become hard to manage, but enough to bring much fun. I also like to have more than just one warrior NPC and a party of 4 tends to lmit your choices a bit. Also, games where you create your own party of mindless drone NPCs are asstarded. If I wanted that...
  10. 40$ Dragon Age DLC is coming

I planned on doing that. Playing DA was enough bioware for centuries before I'd even think of giving them a second chance.
  11. 40$ Dragon Age DLC is coming

At last, the true motive behind the dlc mechanism revealed. I thought there was little factual information on the darkspawn beside the chantry dumbfuckery because the writers sucked, instead, they did actually have material on them but kept it for the dlc to suck some more money off dipshits. DA...
  12. First FO: New Vegas details... or a hoax

I hope it's not true because it'd just goes to show how Obsidian has to follow every little Bioware steps. NWN->NWN2 KOTOR->KOTOR2 MassEffect->AlphaProtocol (a FPS-RPG hybrid with Unreal Engine) and now this.
  13. STEAM HOLIDAY SALE -80%, GOG and D2D get in there too

Ass Effect : the game is the manual. If you need a manual for this you are super fucking retarded. It has ton of in game tutorials and reading material, ffs.
  14. The Force Unleased II announced.

Star wars is probably the most retarded license. I don't think I've ever played a star wars game that didn't sound totally retarded. Even Jedi Knight. God last time I tried to play Jedi Academy I was so put off by all the cheese, crappy levels and multitude of totally retarded cutscenes I...
  15. Down with JarlFrank

Horse meat is the tastiest meat ever. I approve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom