Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dorateen

1. Dorateen

Incline Okay let's be real here... Which games can never be RPGs?

Combat, Exploration, NPC Interaction: the three pillars of a role-playing game. With character interaction not defined by developer companions who join the party, but rather everyone else encountered on an adventure, from merchants to the local quest giver, damsels in distress, and the monsters...
  2. Dorateen

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Just a head's up, most of the Cleric related content is also available to Bishop characters, such as being able to call back the dead at the altar. So you shouldn't miss much by not having a Cleric.
  3. Dorateen

As Roxor mentioned above, the resolution to the village comes later and is part of a class specific mission. There are two resolutions to the Troll King's missing fugatives. I have never seen that resurrection bug before, usually the dead character comes sliding back on screen after being...
  4. Dorateen

List of RPG for not storyfag

I'm playing Realms of Antiquity right now. The absolute zero handholding in terms of telling the player what to do and where to go is the antidote to all forms of story buffoonery.
  5. Dorateen

Jeff Vogel Soapbox Thread

This is startling to read when put so starkly, because in fact, Gary Gygax was not a fan of Tolkien's work at all. Yes, there is a lot of influence in the early editions, but that is due to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings being pillars of popular fantasy at the time and also enjoyed renewed...
  6. Dorateen

I'm not sure, I had never considered the possibility. I will email Pierre and ask him if that is the case, and if so, ask to include the most updated version.
  7. Dorateen

Desiderius I just uploaded the newest version of the module 1.68 available to download here: Hearkenwold If you replace the module you have with this uncompressed Hearkenwold folder, you can continue with your existing saved game. The new changes will take effect. There is now a club and a...
  8. Dorateen

I'll try to get an update out tomorrow that will include those items, as well as the change to the blacksmith.
  9. Dorateen

I post regular updates in this thread. This is the link to the Nexus page: https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5 I had no idea Piere is bundling the module with his releases, I will check with him to make sure it is upadated accordingly.
  10. Dorateen

It's also available at RPGHQMod. But if you didn't download from those two sites, where did you get the mod file? I'd be happy to send you a link to the most recent version. If you put that int the modules folder, you can still continue with your saved games.
  11. Dorateen

I'm wondering, which version of the module are you playing? Edinmoor was added in September of 2022. The current module file on the nexus page has Edinmoor and all the most recent content.
  12. Dorateen

When you were on the map with the tavern (the mission looking for information), there is a transition on the west side of the screen that will take you to Edinmoor. Following the dirt road south will lead to the Keep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom