Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dr. Bak

1. Temple+ Support archive

I'm no cat whisperer but I'm sure it would still attack regardless of the penalties. :lol:
  2. Temple+ Support

Oof, I should have tried to read that note at least. Ok, I think I'm able to reproduce it often enough now. Here they are.
  3. Temple+ Support

GoG, Co8 8.1.0 Standard, T+ 1.0.84 - combat expertise can be used while in a Barbarian Rage - unarmed attacks provoke AdOs from other adjacent foes besides the target (Ref.) - disabled characters cannot withdraw, although they should be able to do it before fainting (Ref.) - tripping using the...
  4. Temple+ Support

Precisely. Power Attack affects AdOs. A tripper with Combat Reflexes might want to cancel the PA penalty at the end of its turn to have a higher chance to stunlock enemies that pass by. Rules-wise, it's not possible to make adjustments in-between attacks since the feat can only be used before...
  5. Temple+ Support archive

Yes, at least that's what I see in the roll history. I can make a full attack or a standard attack, then either switch on or off the feats and I can change the effects during the opponent's round. I checked power attack while I was at it and it's affected as well. In order to keep acting after...
  6. Temple+ Support

So, I got back to the game again and here are some of the issues I managed to verify. Bug Report: Ver. GoG, Co8 8.1.0 Standard, T+ 1.0.84 - monks, paladins and rogues at creation gain bonus feats and class features as if they already reached 2nd level - Fixed 1.0.85 - fight defensively, combat...
  7. Temple+ Support

I can't tell for sure, not being a paythrough of mine. The player never recruited any NPC as far as I know. Hopefully is an isolated case.
  8. Temple+ Support archive

I see, removing the armor helps a lot. Still, the game crashes when I try to reach the upper floor of the tower in east Hommlet.
  9. Temple+ Support archive

Mm.. It could be this save, since it's dated as my last post. I just checked it and it crashes quite consistently. https://mega.nz/folder/fFcjVAqT#0IXAmxRlkwyaBhjwjj6LtA
  10. Temple+ Support

I 'm forwarding some issues that have been sent to me: -Crash report -Enlarge person seems to stack with righteous might -All rods list Craft Magic Arms and Armor in their prerequisites [EDIT: I checked it myself and it's actually not a bug] -Potions can target other concious characters. Legal...
  11. Contingency

I wouldn't agree on that use either, but that's somehow justified by the fact that, in AD&D2, the description of Contingency referenced the spell Airy Water (a spell centered on caster with range close to a resilient sphere). That reference has been swapped with another targeted spell in D&D3.0...
  12. Contingency

Well, those area effects shouldn't apply to anyone else except the caster in the same way as a haste spell. I can see how Resilient Sphere or Globe of invulnerability are spells created with one target in mind, but what about an Antimagic Field? The reference to an area spell centered on the...
  13. Contingency

So the cast is not additive. Either way any bonus, including temp hp, do not stack if they come from the same source/spell (FAQ 3.5 p. 113) Contingency is a spell often open to interpretation and written very badly to my taste. I'll try to be grounded but these are to be considered plain...
  14. Temple+ Support archive

Assassins cast spells as bards do, they just swap charisma with intelligence. So assassins learn new spells regardless of any buff they have on, which it makes sense to an extent since spontaneous spellcasters literally have no other way to learn new spells other than levelling. On a sidenote...
  15. improving on mersenne twister

RNG is usually what angry players blame the most in all sorts of games, I see why it'd make sense to optimize it. The (allegedly biased) feeling of being cheated by the odds is somehow relatable, although it might just be black magic afaik. Good luck with your code. :greatjob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom