Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by DrKubiac

1. DrKubiac

Thief fan missions and campaigns

+M Unlike the 48 hours contest, where you had 48 hours in a row to work on the mission (and where I did spend a sleepless night to finish Double or Quits), the 72 hours restrictions were the total dromed time spent on the mission. IIRC I worked a couple hours a day on the mission, for a month...
  2. DrKubiac

Screenshot thread

Sorry Riskbreaker, I've never watched that movie. My inspiration comes mostly from my surroundings and the countless old villages and castle I visit on a regular basis. Regarding movies, I guess I do take inspiration from Dark City and Name of the Rose, but that's about it... Awesome looking...
  3. DrKubiac

Yeah I know, my first fms are riddled with flaws and awful design choices. Mistakes happen, but hopefully I kept improving with time...
  4. DrKubiac

And that's only one part of the whole thing. Before going on a posting spree on this forum, he's had several meltdowns on many thief forums, plus some colorful pms here and there. He even stalked a couple people. He got banned from everywhere, and unfortunately all his glorious messages were...
  5. DrKubiac

You don't need to kill anyone in the mission, not even that armored guy.
  6. DrKubiac

Firemage and I care a lot about voice acting, and we do a lot of work in our missions regarding VA and sound design in general, so you could check some of our latest missions. It's the same with skacky and squada, but it's mostly on the Black Parade which is still in the work, their individual...
  7. DrKubiac

Yeah a few missions got royally fucked by the votes.
  8. DrKubiac

To me, the biggest issue with Scarlet Cascabel is that some areas had severe issues with gameplay, and it's understandable with context. I've been cursed by most chimneys in this mission, got stuck in terrain and objects, had trouble finding proper shadow to hide in sometimes... It ended fourth...
  9. DrKubiac

I expected Skacky to win, but when you see the amount of work in Scarlet Cascabel, and you know the hell they went through to release it on time, it's a well deserved victory. I also thought Rose Garden, Whistling of the Gear and Shadow Play would have higher places, but overall the scores are...
  10. DrKubiac

There is an alternative to the classic Tfix called Tfix lite. It installs the latest version of newdark and nothing else, no graphic enhancement whatsoever. Maybe it fixes a couple bugs, I don't remember, but the game is supposed to remain vanilla as much as possible. The Ultimate Difficulty...
  11. DrKubiac

Only plebs shit on Midnight in Murkbell :M Sure it has a couple flaws but it's an all time classic that ages rather well. Purah's choices with textures gave it a unique look and atmosphere, and most of them are so good they still work well to this day.
  12. DrKubiac

Welcome to the club! It's good to know you're working on more FMs, Shadow Play has so much character it would be a shame not to use your skills anymore.
  13. DrKubiac

I think the very first mission which created the portable lantern in your inventory was A Debt Repaid, by Ottoj55. I took its settings and put one in Rocksbourg 3, however it was very clunky and could get stuck in terrain very often. Maybe newdark solved this issue, I didn't try it ever since...
  14. DrKubiac

Welcome Murderer's thumb. I'd suggest you share your elaborate self reflection. Not only would it be interesting, but it would solve some misunderstandings about your choices. Heavy use of multibrushes which could be qualified as plagiarism, a layout which looks like a troll job more than...
  15. DrKubiac

Sounds like Haplo's fm, which has a game breaking bug if you don't have the right newdark update. If it's another mission, then as Melan said it's hard to tell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom