Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Durandal

1. Durandal

What game are you wasting time on?

I promised Ash a year ago that I'd give him my thoughts on his Unreal Evolution mod for Unreal Gold. Since that time a lot of things have gotten in the way (70% being my own laziness), so I figure any time is good as any to make due on my promises. Before I delve into the mod, I wanted to give...
  2. Durandal

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

The whole DLC can be summed up as a premature ejaculation. Where TAG1 was Plutonia, TAG2 is Doom 2. All the new enemy additions are pretty gud, it's just that they barely get to shine. You can't really up the ante while introducing new enemies that you still have to learn to deal with (the...
  3. Durandal

It's out It's currently being streamed: Plus a review video that goes over it:
  4. Durandal

The Ballista (and the CSG and RL) require you to deal 200 damage instead, which sometimes can feel strangely fucky due to the weird way the Ballista works on a technical standpoint, so I just set that value to 1 as well.
  5. Durandal

In the mean time I've also been making some gameplay mods for Doom Eternal. More to come in the future. You already can get out of purple goo at any point using the Meathook. Try this out during the purple goo segments in the ARC Complex. The only issue is how the game forced you to wade...
  6. Durandal

What game are you wasting time on?

Got the 2-ALL on ROLLING THUNDER 1 (ARC) (New version). It's pretty messy, but the mistakes made do neatly illustrate some of the jank in the game, which I'll get into later on. The gist of Rolling Thunder is that you're playing as a Super Spy called Bames Jond, on a mission to rescue his...
  7. Durandal

id is shooting themselves in the foot by taking so long with releasing new MLs, the modding community has already made a whole heap of custom MLs for the campaign levels, so any hype in that regard is bound to die out quickly. The shotgun start mode looks neat, but I wish every ML had it instead...
  8. Durandal

I'm mostly ambivalent on this topic, because as far as I'm concerned the non-linearity is an illusion in games where there's no focus on long-term resource management (i.e. Doom Eternal, DMC) because what route you take in those games doesn't affect how the core gameplay plays out (i.e. the...
  9. Durandal

Respawning zombies are your respawning pickups.
  10. Durandal

You can actually deploy the Chaingun Shield right before you fall into a bottomless pit so you take no damage at all.
  11. Durandal

The new DLC is good and shows some glimpses of Doom Eternal's true potential whereas the main campaign was tame in comparison, the same way that Plutonia started going all out with the (new) enemies in Doom 2. Here you start fully upgraded, so there are no RPG systems and trawling through pause...
  12. Durandal

The first level serves as a warm-up and throws mostly old enemies in beefier formations at you. It's the second and third level that go deep on the gimmicks.
  13. Durandal

Incline ULTRAKILL - Fast-paced retro FPS inspired by DMC - now available on Early Access

use your ears even one of the protips in the game tells you to do as much
  14. Durandal

Serious Sam 4

the game just crashes whenever I try to start it up, lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom