Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Durante

1. Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

I think people can come up with any number of alternative voting schemes, but looking at these exceedingly clear results I'm quite certain that D:OS 2 would still win. Unless it's "only I and people who think like me are allowed to vote" of course. Sounds like typical Persona 3+ garbage. First...
  2. Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

Having not played Persona 5, I'm not surprised by the pacing part. Persona 3 and 4 are two of the worst-paced widely acclaimed games I know.
  3. Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

It's good to see that everyone is pissed off by these results, wouldn't have it any other way. That said, Divinity: OS2 is my GotY, and the rest of the list doesn't look unreasonable either. Also my port got #1 on the port list so that's nice. This was my primary issue with the previous...
  4. Game News The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Released

This one actually has meaningful positioning in battles, which is pretty unusual for the genre.
  5. Game News Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition officially coming on October 27th, gets combat trailer

AoD is great, but its combat is nothing to write home about compared to D:OS.
  6. Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

Watch gets killed off by a trash mob.
  7. Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

9 minutes ago. According to the plan at least.
  8. Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

Well, I added some money here. Too close not to make it. I thought about moving my pledge, but I need that cloth map.
  9. How would you rate Pillars of Eternity?

I already did change it from a 9 to a 10 though. I initially gave it just a 9 because I thought I was affected by the honeymoon period.
  10. Review RPG Codex Review: Darth Roxor on Disappointment, thy name is Pillars of Eternity

I disagree with a lot of this review, but one part I really couldn't disagree more on is the quality of the setting. It actually is very good and interesting, and consequently the fact that it (i.e. cultural values and recent history) informs the quest design and NPC's perspectives on things is...
  11. How would you rate Pillars of Eternity?

After spending all of this Sunday playing PoE I really can't justify my 9/10 rating anymore.
  12. What difficulty are you playing on and how do you fare? (Poll)

I'm playing on hard, and the beginning of each new act so far was somewhat challenging, with the game getting progressively easier through the act. That seems almost unavoidable though in a non-level-scaled game with a lot of optional content. Overall, I think the difficulty is quite balanced.
  13. Obsidian or inXile

Not just in terms of presentation.
  14. Godlike trade offs and reactivity

It's not worth it mechanically. In terms of reactivity/flavor, I've mostly just seen kids comment on me having strange stuff on my head. That said, I think it's easily worth it aesthetically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom