Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dux

1. Dux

Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition from Nightdive Studios

One of the GOG staff answered this question in their forums: apparently the original Blade Runner version is published by Alcon Interactive Group and not Nightdive.
  2. Dux

rpgs that lost their magic on you

I have a fondness for KotOR but that fondness stems mainly from the fact that the game managed to tap into the true spirit of Star Wars, in my opinion. That's a feat which hasn't really been achieved since then. It felt classic, exotic and appropriately nostalgic without going overboard. The...
  3. Dux

rpgs that lost their magic on you

Baldur's Gate II. Loved it when I was a kid and thoroughly bought into the idea that it was the apex of CRPGs. Now that I'm older and wiser, however, I see that it represented the first meaningful step into the Mire of Decline: Shallow and melodramatic writing with obligatory romances...
  4. Dux

D&D 5E Discussion

This is such a random thought but I've been wondering lately about summons in D&D. Bear in mind I've never played the game myself. How exactly do they work? When a mage summons a monster or an animal - where does that creature come from? Does it just materialise? Does it come from another plane...
  5. Dux

What game are you wasting time on?

For whatever reason I finally decided to play through most of the Half-Life series. Here's my concise verdict: Black Mesa: a fun experience, mostly because it was based on a game that had solid ideas and level design but perhaps not the technology to fully support the vision. Half-Life 2: not...
  6. Dux

GOG.com

id Software are the actual creators, though, and they are the ones publishing it - unless I've misjudged the situation.
  7. Dux

GOG.com

I can't do much about the 500 GB of GOG installers I've already uploaded. Whatever happens, happens. I figure as long as I don't share them (which I never intended to do anyway) I might be okay. Who knows? I have a few other games, though, that might not be strictly legal. They are old games...
  8. Dux

GOG.com

Google One. It's about 10 € a month for 2 TB. Even though it's Google it works the way it should and is stable. My choice was based mainly on long-term stability to keep my games safe. LaunchBox is a game database and launcher made by some guy. It allows you to create your own game libraries...
  9. Dux

GOG.com

GOG Galaxy is decent. For one thing, it's more visually pleasing than Steam - which is not saying much admittedly. However, pretty much all of these clients lack custimisation and that is a pretty big deal for me. I want things to look neat and tidy: Launchbox ticks most boxes in that category...
  10. Dux

GOG.com

750+ games amounting to almost 500 GB in total have now been uploaded safely to a cloud. It took time, effort and much of my remaining sanity but it's finally done. GOG Galaxy is now but a memory and I'm glad to see the back of it, to be honest. Old games in the cloud and new games from Steam -...
  11. Dux

What games did you complete in 2020?

Hitman: Codename 47 Everspace Police Quest: SWAT Police Quest: SWAT 2 Oblivion Dead Space Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption Fallout: New Vegas Lands of Lore: The Throne of Darkness Anvil of Dawn Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Krush Kill N' Destroy...
  12. Dux

Romances

The only romance subplot that I've found to be remotely tolerable in games is the one between Henry and Theresa in Kingdom Come. Probably because it's straight, evolves naturally and involves two likable characters.
  13. Dux

GOG.com

I have almost 800 games and I will play all of them. That kind of determination has carried me through hundreds of games already, as well as other ventures in life. I can thoroughly understand the charm and comfort of having an extensive library of games but maybe the reason why you're doubtful...
  14. Dux

KickStarter SKALD: Against the Black Priory - retro RPG inspired by Ultima - coming May 30th

It's refreshing to see an indie developer who actually knows how to emulate the retro pixel aesthetic properly for once. Keep up the good work.
  15. Dux

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

The only reason X1's story worked is because it played to the game's strengths and never tried to be more than it was. Start out in the unknown, build economy, uncover a few mysteries, fight baddies and gather support for the final showdown. The storytelling was kept simple, unobtrusive and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom