Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dyskolos

1. Dyskolos

Game News Pentiment Released

It may even be a rip off of a rip off. I never got far enough in this one to find out the full story but it also had undisguised Eco vibes - and 15 years earlier. https://store.steampowered.com/app/313200/The_Abbey/
  2. Dyskolos

Tactics Ogre: Reborn - remaster based on 2010 release

You can get one easily in chapter 1 in the Lake Bordu battle through recruiting. You can also get 1-2 lizardmen in the next battle. Those are tougher to pull off but they're strong generic physical fighters for a good while.
  3. Dyskolos

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

This is justifiable under the role of the threshold guardian. You test someone's commitment to a quest by threatening or belittling them. If they give up, they weren't worthy. If they persist, it turns out that shouting tranny at someone actually helped them along on their personal hero's...
  4. Dyskolos

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Released

I'd really hoped - and I think Pierre did as well, given the state of the editor from the beginning - there'd be more interest in community-created modules. The only two I know of are felipepepe's Cragmaw Castle and dorateen's Hearkenworld.
  5. Dyskolos

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yeah I'm pleasantly surprised how retro-styled the concept art in that video was - the one at 2:27 especially does it for me.
  6. Dyskolos

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Generally yeah - though you then miss what can be a boost in starting equipment you wouldn't have access to until later (see twinblades in ds3).
  7. Dyskolos

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Same with me. It's oddly disorienting being more and more unsure as I go whether I'm running into something I'd forgotten in the last 20 years or something that was patched in way after I'd quit playing.
  8. Dyskolos

Game News Monomyth now on Kickstarter

RatTower - a purely luxury request to consider - having the option to switch your character's lead hand from right to left. Probably not worth it if you can't dummy it with mirroring but I'm left-handed and having a forced right-handed character in first person always fucks with my perception...
  9. Dyskolos

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

It's a feature, not a bug. Cleve and real 'thals can't hear pitches that high, only sapes and dogs.
  10. Dyskolos

Wizardry Wizardry: The Five Ordeals Steam release

It has to be some combination of name with UI and/or whatever 'drawing function' means that is triggering the claim they've crossed the limit of what their rights to the title (which presumably they do have in some form) allow. This seems the key element in that regard: "There is also a...
  11. Dyskolos

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - dark fantasy reimagining of FF1 from Team Ninja

I turned on my ps5 for the first time in 3? months. Went through some updates and restarts. Downloaded the demo. And put the ps5 back to sleep. I don't make many decisions I'm proud of but this is one.
  12. Dyskolos

Most Iconic & Unique Items in RPG History

It's also so memorable an instance of trap design. Not the sort where you equip an unidentified item that ends up cursed and you should've known better but here you watch a man fall screaming from the sky to his death, find scrolls of flight on his corpse, and - why not - use them yourself.
  13. Dyskolos

Recommend me Switch games for my wife

Mine did the same last year with Stardew and also enjoyed Spiritfarer but more for the story than gameplay. We tried My Time at Portia but the performance is pretty ass on Switch and she somehow finds full 3d confusing for character control. More successful in the same vein were Graveyard...
  14. Dyskolos

GRAVEN - dark fantasy first person action puzzler from 3D Realms

I take it I should just get Ion Fury instead if this has put me in the mood for a revival piece.
  15. Dyskolos

Capcom Monster Hunter Rise

18 abominable snowman captures (plus in-hunt drops) to get some fucking goss harag bile. and that was with breaking the head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom