Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by ebPD8PePfC

1. What game are you wasting time on?

My journey toward the top of the chess world continues. After going through the tutorial section of Lichess I no longer need two queens in order to mate my opponent. Truly a fearsome beast, I've decided to avoid crushing the spirits of men in favor of playing against AI. The main advantage is...
  2. What game are you wasting time on?

I've tried Xiangqi, which is Chinese chess. It has some cool elements, but except for the cannon it's too similar to chess. The cannon is the only thing that really requires you to think differently, otherwise the game is very similar in spirit. So instead I've kept being bad at chess. After...
  3. KickStarter Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Final Fantasy Tactics-like RPG

It's a really good game if you enjoy challenging combat and don't care about the plot, which is the common thread in all three games you mentioned.
  4. What game are you wasting time on?

Playing a lot of chess. After an embarrassing amount of hours I finally got 1000 rating in blitz. I've probably peaked, so it's time to move on to other board games. Kill me
  5. Pathway - turn-based strategy adventure from the developers of Halfway

Game is free on Epic this week.
  6. KickStarter Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Final Fantasy Tactics-like RPG

No real need for a mod. It's more of an annoyance that appears in couple of levels than an overarching balance issue. It could be nice to remove it, but it shouldn't stop you from playing the game.
  7. Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

Some side missions are fun, and they flesh out the world quite a bit. Don't skip them, unless you're trying to speed run the game. Play it on normal. Hard mode is just bigger number mode, and doesn't require any more skill. Regardless, play the first 30 minutes on easy mode. There's no save...
  8. Celestian Tales

Part two is out: Anyone willing to test it out?
  9. Indie Evowok Breeder - CRPG inspired by pokemon (free & released)

The start of the game is awful. It could be a 15 minutes tutorial, but instead it's 90+ minutes of grinding. It actually has more hand holding than Pokemon, which lets you roam, sets objectives, and lets you catch monsters from the beginning. And this a fan game where the players are already...
  10. Why end 80s/earlier 90s JRPG's so different than modern ones?

First time I hear of this one. Has anyone played this? I've tried The Genius of Sappheiros but it had too much bullshit hidden in wikis.
  11. Incline Mad Princess: The great gladiators

I'm at the final boss, I think, and I need to grind a lot to beat it, playing on hard. Lhynn was right for the most part. - Open ended structure past the half hour mark, but be ready to lose a lot in this part as you learn the ropes. - The game doesn't hand hold. It's up to you to figure out...
  12. Incline Mad Princess: The great gladiators

Should I play on normal or hard?
  13. Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Latest Citra Canary builds now support save states. Now I will finally be able to beat Pokemon.
  14. The Codex of Roguelikes

CDDA has a new update. I'll try it when I have some time. Are the Magiclysm and Aftershock mods good? Never tried them and it sounds like there's a ton of new content anyway.
  15. Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?

Persona 4 is so long. Why is it so long?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom