Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by EEVIAC

1. 2008 Awards Round-up

Apart from Kings Bounty and Storm Of Zehir there was a decent swag of indies llike the sequels to Democracy and Kudos, Larva Mortus, Armageddon Empires (that might have been released last year though,) and my current all-consuming addiction, New Star Soccer 4. Overall, it wasn't a...
  2. Review Section8 Explores Fallout 3

I think Bethesda are fundamentally incapable of realising they're fundamentally incapable. They never made mention of the tragedy or pathos of the original Fallout and its sorely missing from FO3. There's no depth to anything in the game beyond a few dialogue choices or a locked door. So many...
  3. Review Section8 Explores Fallout 3

That's a pretty good summation of the Fallout 3 experience. It does have its moments of inspired dumbfuckery, though. In a world where AI's are still situated in room sized mainframes, having self-contained/self-aware human analogues in handy human-meat-sized packages makes perfect Bethesdian...
  4. Review NWN2News reviews NWN2 - 9.5

You forgot the UI. There was nothing wrong with NWN's radial menu and it was a big mistake to change it. @Wulfgar - Act 1 is a blow-out - not quite Peragus Station Redux, but bad enough. There's a lot more dialogue in Act 2 from what I've seen. I don't know why Obsidian insists on starting...
  5. My Dark Messiah review

Fair enough. I'm getting both The Guild 2 and NWN2 on Thursday. I'll play them over the weekend and submit something. If you think think its suitable and you can use it, I'll write a more comprehensive review.
  6. Atari - another nail in the coffin

Lionheart played in real-time as well, doesn't make it any good. SPECIAL was designed as a kludge for GURPS, its not that great a system by itself. The perks and the game design that backed them up made it a lot more interesting.
  7. Atari - another nail in the coffin

SPECIAL is for hexes and turn-based (and steers and queers.) I don't think it'd work in real-time at all. They should shit-can both SPECIAL and whatever they call the abomination used in the TES games and write something from scratch. As for D&D, they might want to find a more stable computer...
  8. My Dark Messiah review

Arkane have said countless times that its not an RPG. The Guild 2 would probably qualify as an RPG more than DMoMM. If you're looking for staff, there's this guy called Sol Invictus who runs his own RPG site and a Hellgate London fansite. And I hope Saint's not dead. Maybe he's decided to...
  9. Blood Magic getting a UK Release

It still sounds mean in Russian. Game Developers Conference sounds like a LARPers guild, whereas Konferentsia Razrabotchikov Igr sounds like your going to have a car battery attached to your testicles.
  10. Atari - another nail in the coffin

Activision and 2K Games are still pretty big.
  11. Blood Magic getting a UK Release

Even Russian award events have mean, utilitarian names. While Australian's are stuck with the fairly embarrassing Logies and ARIA's, the Russians get a KRI-2006. It sounds like a valve from the radar of a MiG. Its something you'd be proud to own.
  12. Development Info GearHead 2 update - v0.400

I'm waiting around for a later release. The RPG mode is really the part I'm interested in. You should share some of your art contacts with him, VD.
  13. Interview Our Drakensang interview

ToEE was actually one of Atari's top three games the year it was released. It didn't sell GTA numbers but it didn't cost a lot to make either.
  14. Review 1UP torpedoes NWN2 - 5/10

ZZAP64 used to have a different viewpoints from different writers in boxouts if I recall correctly. The only place I see it now is on RPGnet, but that just might be because they're not paying the writers. You shouldn't really have to post more than one viewpoint though. A good review should be...
  15. NWN2: a diplomatic character?

The best piece of advice I've ever read on this matter was in Cyberpunk 2020 : "We could, at this point, warn prospective Referees about the various dodges player will have for creating "supercharacters." But face it, if they want to create a mondo character, who are we to stop them. You're all...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom