Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by EldarEldrad

1. EldarEldrad

Movement Actions vs Attack Action relative speed in RPGs

You shouldn't consider Attack action as one actual attack (like one swing with a sword), it could be a series of feints, sidestepping, searching opportunities to strike and so on. It is common abstraction coming from earliest D&D editions and it is working good within given abstraction of...
  2. EldarEldrad

What happened to "mature" art direction? Everything is Overwatch now

It is just a part of modern mainstream culture standardization and unification (which some illiterate peasants call diversity presentation) - just look at endless corp shit like Corporate Memphis. Infantilization and removing all borders along with good taste is real cancer. Fortunately, there...
  3. EldarEldrad

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Then it'll never happen
  4. EldarEldrad

Fallout How many times have you finished Fallout 1?

I finished it 5 times properly. Also I made some speedrunning with it, finished it under 7 minutes around ten more times.
  5. EldarEldrad

Best RPGs by categories (exploration/reactivity/tactical combat...)

1) Exploration; Geneforge 2 2) Setting/ambience; Shadowrun 3) Tactical combat; Knights of the Chalice 4) Character creation/progression; Might and Magic series 5) Reactivity/Choice & Consequence; Age of Decadence 6) Best system/mechanics in action-based RPGs; Deus Ex 7) Itemization; Temple...
  6. EldarEldrad

Vapourware Favorite TTRPG Ruleset?

I personally like Dungeon Crawl Classics. It is OSR system that heavily rely on rulings instead of rules, intertwined with a ton of fun tables (deity disapproval, fumbles, critical hits, individual tables for each spell, etc.). Also, adventures are pure incline. Speaking of modern systems I...
  7. EldarEldrad

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

Yeah, I finished it on "Nice Guy" already and it was... easy enough. But "Tough Bastard" is really tough in its second half. At least until Democritus I had zero problematic fights.
  8. EldarEldrad

I am a bit emotional about the fact that game owns me, and it looks like I really suck at it, no question about it. But nevertheless I think DR is much worse than AoD (in general, taking into attention that they are very different from each other)
  9. EldarEldrad

Actually I killed them in "Nice guy" and almost killed'em in "Tough Bastard" by spending almost all fire vials. But this fight required tons of reloads on enemies first moves and I was too exhausted to properly finish it. Tried to go to the Emperor but the tediousness of the save-load win over...
  10. EldarEldrad

Ok, and on the Emperor fight I officially give up on this. So much RNG shit happens here, it is completely unbearable. Time to switch to another game that is actually good.
  11. EldarEldrad

My party right after fighting 4 steel constructs. It was tough ride just like every fight staring with Democritus. Constructs are totally nuts and it is an apotheosis of bad design. The only way to kill them is softening up with 1-2 bombs and then hit them into heads or torso to knockdown hoping...
  12. EldarEldrad

Well, it's me again. I've lowered the difficulty and beat the game at "Nice Guy". Surprisingly, it was very easy. Then I returned back to "Tough Bastard" and here it goes again. But now I have some experience and understanding of mechanics and I have something to say. The game is terribly...
  13. EldarEldrad

Fallout 3 vs Fallout 4

These two statements contain all you should know about today's standards.
  14. EldarEldrad

I can bring him to nearly 20hp with this plan. He dodge bombs constantly because my main character has 0 throwing so it looks like he doesn't get full damage. Nevertheless it is not enough yet. Meanwhile I started new game on minimum difficulty and now game feels like a breeze. Reach ant queen...
  15. EldarEldrad

Hi guys, couple of days ago I started to play Dungeon Rats and now my frustration rising. I beat Age of Decadance four times, twice with 100% combat-oriented characters(warrior sword/block and thief dagger/dodge). Then here comes Dungeon Rats and the game completely owns me. My current...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom