Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by eth

1. So what are some intelligent ways to replace leveling?

You could have a reverse-levelling system - keep the enemies' difficulty the same from start to end of the game, while you become less and less strong, which would make the game harder as you progress. Level down: Choose the stat or skill you want to lower. This is still customization!
  2. Vanguard

I played for 1 month, didn't liked the combat. Too fast for actually having interactions in a group setting (like chatting or planning the battle), while at the same time too slow to get you interested and vigilant. Combine that speed, with the fact that solo was nearly impossible (and even if...
  3. Any pirate-themed RPG?

Hello. Like the title says, i am looking for some pirate themed RPG. Treasure maps, poisonous snakes, moving sand traps, abandoned ships with skeleton pirates and that sort of thing. Low on magic or not at all. Not focused on naval combat, though i could cope with small doses of that if i had...
  4. Editorial The Metaphysics of Morrowind

NwN had books too. I remember them cause i had an obsession about collecting them - can't recall exactly why. Was there some kind of objective associated with them? Anyway, sure thing was that i had read and liked em all.
  5. PtD Source-Code

Not source code but some of the .txt files on the game's main directory, like for example the events.txt, can be modified and (if done correctly) they will recompile on the next run of the game. It is some scripting language.
  6. Xbox 360 controller vs. mouse and keyboard

these are my usual preferences: action: gamepad or trackball depending how consolish or PCish the game is. fps: mouse racing: keyboard strategy: trackball
  7. What MMOs do you look forward to in 09?

Stargate Worlds.
  8. WAR online, new classes

Hey i got the source code for this one 10 RUN 20 RUN 30 RUN 40 ENEMIES AHEAD 50 PRINT "WAAAGH!!!" 60 LLAAGGFFEESSTT 70 SBONG 80 BAAMM 90 KABOOOM 100 DEAD 110 PRINT "RESPAWN YES OR YES?" 120 GOTO 10
  9. The Solution to all Piracy

Your logic fails: I pirate games that i can't find easily on the market. Most games i play are allready 2 years old or more, so when i go to some store here asking for that game the best bet i could get is to order it and get it in like 3-4 days. That's fine for me. But if they tell me they 'll...
  10. Age of Conan

Please name ONE quest that is like that in Guild Wars.
  11. Recommend some PS3 games pls kthxbai

100 reasons fanboys hate xbox/ps/pc/nintento
  12. Which one you anticipate the most in this year?

GW2 for me. Started GW just about 2 weeks now, with Nightfall campaign, then the next week i got all the other campaigns + expansion and i have to say that i am amazed by how it plays. The thing i really appreciate is that i can play it like a typical cRPG (in the style of NWN lets say -...
  13. How can you sleep in a dungeon?

If you want to have dungeons with a lot of corridors, hidden doors, lots of traps, respawning enemies, etc - kinda like a labyrinth - you let the player sleep in it cause it would be frustrating for him to return back every time. Of course he could choose to continue and die eventually but he...
  14. Why do you prefer RPGs over other genres?

Many different minigames which keep me interested. Create a character, talk to people, get quests, kill things, sell/buy items, dress up your character, make some choices, explore the map, find hidden things, solve some puzzles, find more hidden things, make allies/enemies with factions, try to...
  15. Survey: Parents Prefer Violence to Sex in Games

Well it isn't like there are many games that don't have violence on them. Shooters -> violence is defacto here RPGs -> almost defacto here too Strategy -> too complicated genre for kids, and actually usually contains violence too, just not the gore part of it Sports -> that's the only non...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom