Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Eyestabber

1. Eyestabber

Incline Why was shoutbox banned?

Yes, when confronted with the fact that your "lady" tried to get Fluent to kill himself, this is exactly the kind of big brain response I was expecting from the resident simps. Tell me, are you people so high on "e-girl" pee that you think the possibility of posters who spammed this place for...
  2. Eyestabber

Alright, just bear in mind that "our half" is not involved in any criminal activity. As you may probably already know, this forum has attracted the attention of certain...vulnerable individuals over the last few years. One of these vulnerable individuals (Fluent) has been intentionally targeted...
  3. Eyestabber

OH COME THE FUCK ON, Turtle Zone had ZERO drama incidents and we get shitcanned alongside them? Removing functionality because some people used it in "problematic" fashion is simply gay. Just admit shoutbox was never a problem UNTIL you decided to put a certain individual on a pedestal and he...
  4. Eyestabber

Urban Strife - turn-based zombie survival RPG

Played the demo for a bit, my impressions: I like that aiming for the head or legs costs the same as a regular (torso) shot. It never made sense to me why would a headshot be more expensive, like in fallout. Overall the base of the game's mechanics seem solid, but I have a few gripes. For...
  5. Eyestabber

Urban Strife - turn-based zombie survival RPG

Doesn't seem very woke. Mechanics will make or break this one.
  6. Eyestabber

KickStarter Staples of design (in actual games) that need to die in a fire ASAP

I know what you mean, but I meant "real games" not "2023 games". What I say here also apply to somewhat older games like EU IV (2013 game). So AFAIK the usage of the word "actual" is actually correct. You know you're allowed to read threads yourself, right? The one you linked has different...
  7. Eyestabber

KickStarter Staples of design (in actual games) that need to die in a fire ASAP

While there's currently another thread for people who want to discuss why their FIFA microtransactions are oh so harmful, here I will point out the issues we, as in people who still play decent games and actively look for non-shit games, currently face. While things like loot boxes and micro...
  8. Eyestabber

Knights of Honor II: Sovereign - medieval grand strategy with RTS battles

Lmao, no. This game really didn't work out for me. Battles are terribad, lmao at archers outrunning knights and swordsmen being 100% useless. Building paths are also unintuitive and arbitrary. And why tf does NOBODY start with barracks and some troops? It's very stupid to see OPMs starting on...
  9. Eyestabber

Knights of Honor II: Sovereign - medieval grand strategy with RTS battles

Is this game actually any good? Saw a JT ad shilling it which is never a good sign...
  10. Eyestabber

Against the Storm - Fantasy roguelite city builder

At this point in development a review would not be worth much. The roadmap still includes a bunch of major content like buildings, biomes and a much awaited 5th race. Right now you can enter the beta and see there is a full rework of the gathering system being developed and playtested. I'm very...
  11. Eyestabber

Reached the level cap today. Despite all the fantasy races and fantasy resources, my suspension of disbelief held. Until I saw this: Harpies being able to straight up PRINT MONEY without it causing inflation? Now that's a bit too much fantasy for me. But anyway, here are some random tips to...
  12. Eyestabber

Alright! Won a game on maximum difficulty and on one of the most hostile biomes! This time I actually didn't bother trying to setup brick and cloth production, I went straight for exports and the profit was enough to keep me afloat while buying everything else I needed. With a Human-Beaver-Harpy...
  13. Eyestabber

So I played this for a little under ten hours and I think this game is definitely worth keeping an eye on. It's a fun city builder with objectives similar to Caesar III, but without any combat. There's a very complex production chain with multiple formulas to reach the same final product with...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom