Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Fez

1. Interview Arcania: Gothic 4 Interview

So what would your criticisms of NOTR and comparisons with G3 be? NOTR seems like it should have everything you wanted.
  2. Trade; item value vs raw currency

I've seen weighted gold in games before too and even that didn't stop players from gathering up a mountain of the stuff. It just made it more inconvenient when the player had to go back to the stash to collect it and make a big purchase or meant that the party pack mule NPC(s) carried it...
  3. Interview Arcania: Gothic 4 Interview

Gothic 3 had breadth in spades and was ambitious, but it lacked depth and quality in my eyes (compared to G2/NOTR). G3 was heading more in an Oblivion direction instead of my beloved Gothic. Risen shrunk things down a lot to let the concentrate on a smaller area. I think it paid off in some...
  4. NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

I think you'll all have to bow down to the expert there, guys. He's got you beaten with some solid logic and facts. Clearly he's played all these games through and through.
  5. Trade; item value vs raw currency

What can happen is that you'll force the player to use alternatives for currency (in the Fallouts I often used the drugs as a lightweight currency alternative and acted similarly in other games where possible) or make it tedious to swap loot around to get the most valuable or make the player do...
  6. S.T.A.L.K.E.R is an amazing game...

I was unfortunate enough to have played it as soon as I could (having watched the development of it for some time before). Shooting stuff is fine in a FPS. It was the repetitiveness (and frequency) of of it that got to me. STALKER was especially good for me because of the difference from the...
  7. Interview Arcania: Gothic 4 Interview

Yes, G3 was a big disappointment for many, especially if you were an old fan and bought it right after release. You should consider trying it again if you still have the game. I went back and tried it after the last community patch effort and tried not to think about comparing it to the...
  8. S.T.A.L.K.E.R is an amazing game...

I was thinking of SOC. By "x items" I just meant "whatever junk". The number doesn't matter if it's still a shit and forgettable quest. SOC had crappy generic quests too, just less variety and with more walking to get and deal with them. Ones like get a boar's foot, pseudodog's tail, etc. were...
  9. S.T.A.L.K.E.R is an amazing game...

Some of the side missions are worth while. I tend to ignore most of the generic "gather X items" or when someone is asking me to fend off bandits in the Garbage again.
  10. Make Your Own Spells in Elemental

I try to reign in my expectations and not get caught up in hype. Thankfully, with the non-AAA titles it tends to be easier to avoid this. I will remain cautiously optimistic and expect to buy this not long after release if I don't just pre-order. It has a nice looking CE set too.
  11. Dawn of War 2 sound

What triple post?
  12. The 20 Greatest PC Games Ever

They probably hand out a few free copies to to anyone over a hundred to boost the average. I still suspect many of these names are being mentioned by people who know them as games that 'ought' to be mentioned, rather than ones they fondly remember playing years ago. HL2 might be enjoyable...
  13. Browser games

I could barely manage to move far enough to recognize the music it plays when you move.
  14. Stop the press - the best game ever has been found!

How long did that take you? You must have that song burned into your brain.
  15. Got me a PSP

You may as well put homebrew software on it if it will end up a paperweight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom