Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by flushfire

1. flushfire

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

I like both games but there are things that Colony Ship does better, come on. Atom combat is very basic, there's more room to experiment in CS in that regard simply because there are more options available. World building is weak, as is the writing. It just isn't as obtrusive since it doesn't...
  2. flushfire

GreedFall II: The Dying World - prequel where native PC travels to the old continent

Spiders' games are extra special about it though. They make sure the player has to backtrack in every quest, make sure to close off the shortest route when returning, and make sure to have the enemies along the way respawn.
  3. flushfire

Incline Heads Will Roll -- AUTHENTIC MEDIEVAL DATING RPG

I don't mean the green knight specifically because honestly I no longer remember, but certain enemies you're not too far off in stats, he has no special items, and you can't even hit him when he's stunned and fatigued, like literally 0% chance. I remember Ruffin being like this. I know you're...
  4. flushfire

Incline Heads Will Roll -- AUTHENTIC MEDIEVAL DATING RPG

That's one thing I disliked about this series initially. Normal difficulty IIRC describe the experience as "fair" but in some fights it never is because some enemies obviously have hidden abilities/buffs. And normal actually ends up harder than HWR mode. The devs should just remove it.
  5. flushfire

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

ITS' games does fill a certain niche, a brief look at their steam discussions and threads here, especially with AOD, makes that apparent. The following is there, for better or worse. I think confining themselves to that niche is exactly the problem since ITS kind of trapped themselves with being...
  6. flushfire

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

Played for a couple of hours and game's pretty good so far, combat feels nice and responsive. Bit easy but I just got to Chapter 2. Character system's been intuitive and seems there's different enough ways to build even before mastery via skill focus. Writing is... I don't know if it's just me...
  7. flushfire

Layoffs at ZA/UM, unannounced game cancelled

They were working on 5 projects at the same time, is that common in game studios of that size? Seems excessive, Spiders is smaller but still have 70 people according to wikipedia and they seem to be working on just 1 or 2.
  8. flushfire

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

Wanted to say the exact same thing. Just gonna add Crimson Tactics is also absolute shit, just slightly better. Maybe 1.5 material.
  9. flushfire

I'm gonna have to set aside my hate for modern pixel art and try Caves of Lore due to the praise ITT.
  10. flushfire

No Man's Sky

So apparently this is getting another update, and I saw someone fighting the usual "hello games redeemed themselves" narrative, saying despite the numerous updates it still is not the game that was initially promised. As usual there was nothing of substance to both sides, just generalizations...
  11. flushfire

I feel old looking at the list. Only recognize like 13 or so titles because of benchmarking and few actually played. Chose Colony Ship as the best from the few I liked enough to replay, the others being Heads Will Roll: Reforged & Front Mission 1st Remake.
  12. flushfire

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

If I saw this kind of art direction in a CRPG I'd probably lose interest before even seeing gameplay. Don't get me wrong, in a metroidvania or visual novel I'd probably think its fine, even great. But for a CRPG I'd rather buy the "generic" looking one.
  13. flushfire

Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

To be fair to Pentiment, basing off reviews and player count on Steam alone, it seems to have done decently compared to other narrative RPGs that came after Disco Elysium. It's got nothing on Disco's stats sure, but compare it to something like Sovereign Syndicate which apparently had a $1M...
  14. flushfire

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

Atom initially had a freely movable camera, controls were basic, zoom level is satisfactory. Iirc at the time was never criticized. A locked iso view option was later released, people liked it afaik.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom