Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by forumvisitor#451

1. forumvisitor#451

Screenshot thread

This was truly a technological leap that felt impressive. Animations, destruction,... Crysis before that. Anything since feels like small steps.
  2. forumvisitor#451

Real-Time Tactics Door Kickers 2: Task Force North - spec ops real-time tactics game - now available on Early Access

I am playing first one on Switch and I like it a lot. One of the few games playable with only handheld and completely with touch. It's great with so many replayable possibilites. 2 looks like massive improvement. I hope they release this one on Switch as well. If not, PC version is fine as well :)
  3. forumvisitor#451

Games with lots of customization

Armored Core games (even on PSP they have surprising amount of depth and customization). It's From Software. Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition (on PS4 and Vita) was amazing on Vita - you could use parts of other robots to create your own robot. It's almost impossible to have same Gundam as someone...
  4. forumvisitor#451

Real-Time Tactics Door Kickers 2: Task Force North - spec ops real-time tactics game - now available on Early Access

do we know when is it supposed to be out? its in EA for quite some time now
  5. forumvisitor#451

Trigger the codex with a statement.

I will not finish Underrail or even start Expedition unless it gets released on Switch. After that, it will be rated by others on Nintendo eShop as too archaic (turn-based) and RPG just like any other while it will drown and sell like shit in sea of shit.
  6. forumvisitor#451

Hard modern single player games

Pursuit Force and Pursuit Force Extreme Force for PSP, plays very well on PPSSPP if you do not have HW. Cheesy story and art but awesome high-octane gameplay. Unforgiving but fun. Arma 3 and/or Reforger are definitely worth taking a look - you have to cheese your way as much as possible as...
  7. forumvisitor#451

New Kojima Game.

Dude has gotten so meta that the actual game is the life you live now. THAT'S AN ORDER!! TURN OFF THE MSX!! ...Over
  8. forumvisitor#451

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Locating it blindly is part of the fun though. Games like this actively encourage you to look and check everywhere.
  9. forumvisitor#451

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

lol, PS Vita has more and better entries. Embarrassing.
  10. forumvisitor#451

ARMA Reforger - alternate 1989 cold war milsim - now available on Early Access

New update is in and it half fixed the MP issues. Meaning you still can get regular disconnects but I was finally able to play MP for more than hour without any issues. What is not talked much about is the OG OFP atmosphere it has. Plus the music which is brilliant. Squad has also brilliant...
  11. forumvisitor#451

From the top of my head: utilizing newer hardware and better performance, included melee, better animation system, better interaction system, better sound design, dynamic lights with dynamic shadows, wet textures and materials, AI capable of going and fighting indoors, pointing, better...
  12. forumvisitor#451

I tried it out of curiosity. Many problems, many crashes. Multi-player is unplayable atm. You get disconnected all the time. I wonder where those youtubers got their footage. There are some odd choices which I wonder will be changed. Like using space screen reflections. I also wonder how will...
  13. forumvisitor#451

Trepang2 - spiritual successor to F.E.A.R., "sequel we never got"

Yes they are. They even hinted at something meta with ultra-violence included. There are "meaty" guys which are properly creepy. Atmosphere is creepy as well. One horror element I liked was a shadowy figure which was visible only by its shadows and nothing else. It was also invincible. Maybe...
  14. forumvisitor#451

Trepang2 - spiritual successor to F.E.A.R., "sequel we never got"

No. It looks great, models are spot on, animations are great, lighting is awesome. Lithtech looked great with indoor areas and with water but humans looked plastic and everything outside was just ugly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom