Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by FrancoTAU

1. FrancoTAU

Worst RPGs All Time?

It could've been interesting if written better. There's a way to make the Avatar having to decide between the lesser of two evils work. Instead, he just comes off like an egocentric psycho who murders a bunch of people so he can get revenge on the Guardian.
  2. FrancoTAU

What game did you lose your RPG virginity to?

Wow, haven't heard Legend of Faerghaul brought up in a long time. Good Bard's Tale clone.
  3. FrancoTAU

What game did you lose your RPG virginity to?

Does Mail Order Monster count? If not, it's a blur that i can't remember the order of Dragon Warrior, Wizardry 5 or Pools of Radiance.
  4. FrancoTAU

Indie turn-based RPG survey - help out an indie dev

It's hard not to be a dick in response to this, it almost feels like a troll job. You guys all left a good paying gig and didn't have some general idea on what kind of game to make? You know what sells already, generic fantasy with pretty graphics, fast pacing, the illusion of choice, and the...
  5. FrancoTAU

Really Obscure RPGs

It's not Russian shovelware bad, it's more Dungeon Lords level bad. Some interesting ideas, but poorly executed.
  6. FrancoTAU

The Darkness Below: a retro CRPG in the making - now available on Early Access

Looks really nice. I know it's a one man job, but I like that you're punching up the details in the dungeon graphics so it's not just the same walls and floor copy and pasted throughout the whole dungeon. I grew up on that simple style of blobber but the charm is lost to me now. I'd like to...
  7. FrancoTAU

Really Obscure RPGs

Not too many games here that I'd want to commit 20-40 hours into if I'm hating it after the first couple hours. For the games I actually spent some time playing. I played Prince of Qin and it was a decent Baldur's Gate style game. The Fall, I was using some unofficial English translation...
  8. FrancoTAU

Really Obscure RPGs

I plowed through this thread over the last day or so, and there is a reason most of these games are obscure. I played about half of them during the dark times of no real RPGs being released, and they're either terrible or unplayable buggy messes. Prince of Qin is one of the few that I could...
  9. FrancoTAU

The Magic Candle thread

I played them out of order since that's how i found them in the bargain bin. MC2 was my favorite, probably because i played if first. The survival while exploring outdoors might drive a lot of modern gamers nuts, but otherwise great games. A lot of features you don't see anywhere else despite...
  10. FrancoTAU

Game News Geneforge 1 - Mutagen gets trailer and Steam page, coming Q1 2021

Updated graphics still pretty shitty, but more importantly updated UI/controls like the ones he just used on the Avernum remakes.
  11. FrancoTAU

Which CRPGs from the 80s and early to mid 90s hold up best today?

I loved those games, one of the few good Ultima clones. Micro managing during world map traveling could be a chore though. I still love that you could recruit a hobbit and his sole contribution is to work at a store earning you money.
  12. FrancoTAU

Game News Antharion Gameplay Preview Video

Looks great for what it is and how much it cost to pledge.
  13. FrancoTAU

Crispy™ Jeff Vogel has finally gone off the deep end - reviews Katawa Shoujo

The dude made solid RPGs when no one else was, so I kind of look the other way when he makes mediocre smartphone games and pontificates about bizarre topics.
  14. FrancoTAU

Tex Murphy Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect

Not watching trailers anymore, already pledged/bought the game and already sufficiently hyped from previous trailer. Can only spoil stuff at this point.
  15. FrancoTAU

Game News Not-Ultima Online 2: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter is Live

I'm fully expecting shit, but hoping for Ultima with some silly side distractions. Let us know how it goes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom