Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by FritzedProcess

1. FritzedProcess

The Black Annex (A QBasic Game!)

Oh, man, I was looking forward to this one back in the day, but I eventually forgot about it due to a lack of news.
  2. FritzedProcess

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Abelard and Argenta are the best. Abelard at some point early in the game becomes Bud Spencer and just bitchslaps every encounter in the game, especially bosses. On the other hand, I have had Argenta mow down entire encounters in 1-2 turns if you spec her for hunter with overpenetration + burst...
  3. FritzedProcess

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

I like how in this game, the only black character engages in TNB Also, that all of the fag characters are Eldar or Dark Eldar. Based Owlcat.
  4. FritzedProcess

Good PnP RPG books for reading

Considering the AIDS-infested shit that is V5, I'd rather recommend getting W20, or the old Werewolf: The Apocalypse book. The Second City for L5R 4th edition is also good, but yes, City of Lies for 1st edition is the best. Also the individual clanbooks and assorted sourcebooks from 1st...
  5. FritzedProcess

Good PnP RPG books for reading

Heavy Gear's "Life on Terra Nova" sourcebook. All fluff, no mechanics. One of the best sourcebooks ever made for any RPG.
  6. FritzedProcess

Incline Warhammer 40,000 Lore Thread

It's business as usual with these guys. Have you seen the prices for the Warhammer Old World starter boxes? A few months down the line they'll release a subset of those for a higher price, just wait and see. I guess I'll keep an eye out on those for when the dwarfs box is released, but I'm not...
  7. FritzedProcess

The 90s was the apex of coolness in gaming, right?

Another good one from the 90s was Legend of the Five Rings. Very elegant design (for the RPG, RnK is one of the finest RPG systems out there IMHO), and a setting that is a pastiche of East Asia and easy to get into (and sure to offend modern sensibilities, I remember some liberals "literally...
  8. FritzedProcess

Rogue Trader (rpg) or Dark Heresy?

As others have mentioned, RT is very player driven (in principle) and DH is more GM-driven, so if your group doesn't have a lot of initiative in regards to getting shit started, you'd better run DH. DH is less demanding in regards to bookkeeping (in RT there's ship and crew management, among...
  9. FritzedProcess

The Space Marines Christmas box was hilariously bad, and the new combat patrol is an insult to intelligence. It's a subset of the Leviathan box (exact same monopose models, but you get half of the Infernus squad, no Apothecary Biologis, no Ballistus Dreadnought, no Lieutenant, and no Sternguard...
  10. FritzedProcess

Decline Why were the 2000s so bad for table-top RPGs?

And he can always go to a heavy metal bar. Back in the day 70% of my drinking pals were into D&D. Goes well with Manowar.
  11. FritzedProcess

Yes, considering that I was able to get one months after release. Hell of a box, too, the force makeups may not be optimal but that's par for the course with GW to get you hooked.
  12. FritzedProcess

So, those kikes at GW made too few Christmas boxes, which ran out in a matter of minutes. This shit gets worse every year, I swear.
  13. FritzedProcess

That's all good and fine, but the topic was about a perceived lack of quality and creativity in pen and paper RPGs during the 2000s.
  14. FritzedProcess

The main reason for the decline of RPGs in the 2000s IMHO is the widespread adoption of the D&D d20 System, thanks to the OGL. The more I think about it, the more I realize how shitty D&D 3rd was compared to AD&D. All those shit M:TG ideas the WotC team crammed in there. All those settings with...
  15. FritzedProcess

Music you use during your games?

For V:TM, I prefer either the "Music from the Succubus Club" CD, which you can find in the high seas (there's no fucking way I'm paying 400 euros for a second hand CD): Or some Sisters of Mercy, they even look the part on their videos:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom