Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by G.O.D

1. G.O.D

Your favorite strategy games.

Wouldn't even bother with it. Didn't even come to mind when talking about it being grindy, as I automatically assumed the solo game was meant by that.
  2. G.O.D

It's by no means perfect, but what game is. In return you do get tactical, and mechanical depth. As far as for it being grindy. It does depend on the difficulty setting you choose to play (I wouldn't recommend the higher ones in that regard), and patience. I can't say it feels that way for me tbh.
  3. G.O.D

Hardly any mention of Eador Genesis + NH. Shame Codex. Shame. No seriously, it is fantastic. One of my all-time favorites besides the ones everyone loves. Do try it (with New Horizons) if you have not.
  4. G.O.D

TBS Age of Wonders series: user-made maps and campaigns

Shameless self promotion ahead, but what is the point if nobody plays it: I updated my one and only map Dastardly because I was in the mood for some good old AOW:SM. It's nothing special. No scripts. No story. Just plain tactics... on a giant map. Go ahead. Get some: *Edit: The map got...
  5. G.O.D

Eador Genesis

So where does one turn off Demon rebellion exactly? Is it perhaps the AI berserk control line in the .CFG file?
  6. G.O.D

1eyedking Beholders in RPGs and other media

Cheers mate. It's an amazing game. Glad it caught your attention.
  7. G.O.D

Need coping mechanisms to deal with gaming's massive decline

@OP - I dunno, maybe take it to the next level and start playing games with people's feelings instead? :mixedemotions:
  8. G.O.D

Eador Genesis

*** NEWS *** 1. Troops Demons in the hero's army now have some chance to rebel against the hero. The chance increases depending on the tier of the demon and their number, and decreases with the presence of Chaos Lords in the squad. When a riot is suppressed, demons return to the hero's squad...
  9. G.O.D

Eador Genesis

So... Is there an update on the way yet? Or maybe already released? For New Horizons that is.
  10. G.O.D

I really like this place a lot

Simon Says: "Learn to read between the lines, and spot the obvious statements that trigger the Codex for years in a row now"
  11. G.O.D

I really like this place a lot

Obvious and amusing alt. Quite typical most on the Dex can't spot it.
  12. G.O.D

1eyedking Beholders in RPGs and other media

Mystic Quest Legend\FF: Mystic Quest.
  13. G.O.D

Games That Cheat To Allow Retadred Players To Succeed/Proceed To The Next Level?

I remember playing some of the newer Mortal Kombat games some time ago and losing some fights a few times in a row. A couple of attempts later the fight would be a piece of cake. Surely the game scales the difficulty down after the player loses some fights. In the old days I played MKII...
  14. G.O.D

Incline Memorable Gaming Moments

Was thinking about moments in games that made me laugh recently which is kind of relevant to this thread. So one of my most memorable moments in gaming was meeting Arch Dornan in Fallout 2. I was caught so off guard by his never ending barrage of anger that he had me howling of laughter. I...
  15. G.O.D

Beasts & Bumpkins (1997) and Windows 10

Too bad it didn't work. But like I said, I have tried multiple times over the years. I'm done ;) Fun as the game is though.. It isn't worth the vast effort, and there are plenty of other games to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom