Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Garod

1. Hi just digital things and raffle would be great =)

Hi just digital things and raffle would be great =)
  2. Community More Divinity prizes, physical box copies available, raffles and more!

Larian confirmed the 1m have been reached via tweet Larian Studios ‏@larianstudios1h Divinity - Original Sin: All stretchgoals met - thank you everyone !: http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios#6448 …
  3. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

Not sure where you got that number from but they are at 1.3 mil and have 9 days to get to 2mil so that's 700k With the daily figures of about 12-20k a day they won't get there that's for sure. It's going to depend a little bit on the last day, but honestly since most people have already...
  4. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

Snerf I'm not a Troll, simply a gamer who's has his doubts about this game. Btw here's an interesting read from another forum: EA has no business sense when it comes to consumer wants. DAoC 2 was a failed dream unrealized years ago. Mark Jacobs can take cues from DAoC but he's compromised when...
  5. Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Would be cool if someone could rope Patrick Rothfuss into it as well, he did the Torment thing and is an avid gamer, I tried emailing him but no success from my side. He should have both fantasy fans as well as gamer fans listening to his blog etc.
  6. Community Let's put a Codexian item / NPC into Divinity: Original Sin

I guess allot of folks probably don't realize that this game is coming out later on this year, and it will give them a great game to tide them over until Torment or PE or any of the other games come out.
  7. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

Good question Mangoose, I guess I'd call it an FPS at that point, I mean halo has a story and would be called an FPS by most people you ask. But then FPS is a name for the way you view the game, it's a First Person Shooter. What about games which combine both aspects FPS RPG? I guess it's point...
  8. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

Seems to me that either you don't have any points to make and are only spouting comments base on fandom not reality or your simply not intelligent enough to make any. Seriously your still basing all your arguments on DaOC, and "realm pride"?? wtf does that have to do with RPG? you're probably...
  9. Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Just wait till they add the dancing weresheep to the update video LOL
  10. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

Snerrf how about you read the previous posts before making an idiot out of yourself? I said Camelot Unchained isn't an MMORPG not DaOC, get your facts straight. And comments like rational sucks and conclusion is wrong without any kind of reasoning behind it is just pointless drivel. Mangoose...
  11. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

Let's keep the distinction between Role Players and an RPG. And yes I've done RP in PnP as well as games for about 20 years now. I'm trying to highlight the game aspect of things and not the player *people* aspect. If you had read my first post you'd understand that distinction as well. If I...
  12. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

I guess you are making my point, the thing you also seem to like RvR/PvP isn't really the RPG aspect of the game and more of the fighting aspect much like DOTA or Call of Duty except with an 3rd person view and in a fantastic world. I guess more like a Hexen MMO I guess I'd say MMORVR or MMOPVP...
  13. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

I disagree with you on two things DAoC was definately not the best MMO ever made, I'm sorry but that has to go to UO the father of MMO's. And yes there are MMORPG's with story please take the belowinto consideration. 1) Before EA raped UO, UO was very RP focused, there were "Seers" or "GM's"...
  14. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

I'm sorry but the fact that someone is swinging a sword doesn't qualify it a an RPG, and fiction does not = RPG. Role Playing Games means playing a Role within a set story ( i.e. table tops where it came from) under your definition any FPS with a sword/knife in it would be considered an RPG...
  15. Camelot Unchained - Mounting DAoC's corpse or legitimate project?

Please stop calling this an MMO"RPG" there is nothing RPG about this, it's offensive to all the people who think of story, character development etc to call this an RPG. Arthurians, Vikings and Tuatha (Sidhe) fighting each other, I mean seriously couldn't they come up with something a little...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom