Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Gecos

1. Game News Historical fantasy time travel RPG The Waylanders is now on Kickstarter

Here's hoping. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. So hoping this is Laidlaw's one of the two non-mediocre/bad games (in a lifetime?!).
  2. Game News Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is now on Kickstarter

Just saw the announcement here and pledged for the Good Ol' Box. They deserve their shot.
  3. Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released

Dialogue is many times better than what you'd find in POE 1 and 2 or InXile games. Genuinely funny when it should, just a few bland moments. At least several of the companions have interesting stories. It is better than expected. Game's faults lie in other areas. A post from Reddit called...
  4. Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released

Look inside, stop bragging and admit that Unfair mode is requiring near perfect min-maxing strategy, a knowledge of which areas and enemies to tackle and in which order and lots and lots of luck/save scumming. The chance to hit can't be higher than 3-5% and anything beyond the trashiest of mobs...
  5. Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released

Playing unfair mode aka "impossible mode" unless you use save scumming like hell. Looks good so far - pretty much the toughest RPG difficulty wise I've ever played. It's honestly a bit over the top - you need also luck almost every time to survive even with best practice tactics.
  6. Game News Bard's Tale IV News Roundup: Launch Trailer, Spotlight #4, Combat Overview, 300k Wishlists Achieved

I also got the (so far) standard key for my super-duper double collector box edition but the good news is that while watching Cohh play it yesterday, I liked pretty much everything I saw. Not too many bugs also and nothing critical. I'm genuinely pleasantly surprised, InXile! Can't wait to dive...
  7. Game News Better Late Than Never: Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter in November, first game coming to Steam

Ever been to the country or just talking trash 'cause you can? Guess not. No wonder you think then "he poor". You stupid.
  8. Codex Review RPG Codex Review: BATTLETECH

Smells of budget issues and a game launched early due to that.
  9. Codex Review RPG Codex Review: BATTLETECH

The most annoying 2 combat bugs I've noticed so far: 1. enemy mech fires at you then you down it, then you think, ah, ok, I can use the rest of my mechs this round to blow up his CT or legs but no, it gets up and fires at you ... 2 movements in one turn, like phases 3 and 1; 2. sometimes (move...
  10. Codex Review RPG Codex Review: BATTLETECH

"Or you can take a light mech or two with you to dive into enemy ranks, drawing fire which your dwarven machines duck with ease." Yeah, right. Bigger is always better. End game you play with assaults or you die - or, of course, you spam the "I win" button "Precision strike" and then you win...
  11. Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Update #19: Tile Effects

Don't know if it's heartening or downright grim when 2 people have better ideas and are willing to go further than AAA teams. Anyway, glad I backed their game!
  12. Game News Pillars of Eternity II Oathbinder's Sanctum Stream + Secret Code Scavenger Hunt

Exactly. Played POE1 2+ years after the launch date, when all DLC was already released, bugs fixed and 99% of the "balance" done.
  13. Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Hat off to Darth for ripping Larian a new one. I've had pretty much the same issues with it few days after post-launch and couldn't move past the starting island. Never touched the game since. It may be a commercial success but it's a bad game. And I like Larian and I hope they stay in business...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom